Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thankful Mama

AHH!!  Why is time flying by so quickly?  And how is it almost January, when this Mama has to go back to work full time?!?  WOW!!  I have been so blessed to be at home with Little Miss for almost 4 months!  When I get upset about having to put her in daycare, I think to myself how lucky I am that she didn't have to start at 6 weeks (like a lot of children do).  I am so thankful that we have her in one of the best (and of course the most expensive - BOO!) day school's in Little Rock.  I am also thankful that her Daddy has a job that allows him to be off two days during the week, therefore she'll only spend 3 days @ Chenal Valley Day School. 
 
 
Truthfully, I have struggled with the idea that Reese has to go to daycare.  Sure, I could stay at home with her and Matt could work, but we would also (like any other family) have to make some huge lifestyle changes.  Right now, I choose to work to be able to provide her with a life full of amazing opportunities.  It truly is unbelievable how you can love something so small so very much!!  When I get sad that I have to take her to day care, I'm just going to remind myself that I work for HER!!  I want her to have nice things, go to Little Gym, dance, or gymnastics if she wants to.  I want to take BIG family vacations every year, and I want her to never have to go without.  I just consider myself very fortunate to have a job with so much flexibility. 


I love being Mom, but I will also look forward to being "Kia" for 6-8 hours a day.  The girl who loves the sale, loves interacting with professionals, and loves dressing the part.  ;)



I write this post as a reminder for myself.  I am definitely a thankful Mama!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment