We've been busy around here, but what's new?! :)) A couple blog posts back you will notice that I said our schedule has changed a bit. Matt is now working 5 days a week instead of 3. There are negatives and positives to this. We'll start with the negatives....
1) This now means Reese is going to Day School every single day. This is probably what upsets me the most. She was only going the three days Matt worked, even though we've always paid for the full week. However, I've reminded myself over and over that this is only temporary and that she's only there from 9-3.
2) Matt's new schedule is 6-3, meaning that he leaves the house a little before 6:00 and this Mama is on her own every morning. It's been a big change, but I have to say not as hard as I was thinking. Reese is such a good baby, she just hangs out with me while I get ready. Matt and I have our own little routine down (diaper bag packed the night before, my clothes are ironed and set out, laundry is done for the day). I'm rather proud of us!!
And now for the positives....
1) Matt gets off work at 3:00!! We were use to him getting home on the nights he worked between 9:00 and 9:30, so this is such a nice change. He gets to see Reese before bed, we get to enjoy walks in the evenings and dinner together every night! LOVE!!
2) He's getting paid more $$$!
3) I think he's really enjoying the GI unit of the OR. It's so important to love your job!!
So, besides adjusting to a new schedule, this is what else we've been up to!!
LAST Friday the weather was GORGEOUS!!! We enjoyed sitting on our patio (with an adult beverage or two) while Reese played in the jumperoo.
LAST Saturday, we were at Urgent Care at 8:00 because I could've sworn she had an ear infection. Reese was up literally all night. She was crying, couldn't get settled, fussy, etc. Turns out she was fine, just congested with a low grade fever...the culprit... TEETHING!!
We love to sit up!!!
Again, LAST Saturday afternoon was great! The weather was beautiful so we worked in the yard, Mama did some shopping for Easter, and we enjoyed lunch at Local Lime on the patio.
This little Irish wore her green on St. Patty's Day!
Mimi and Pawpaw came into town on Wednesday morning. Pawpaw had a meeting in LR and Mimi kept Reese all day!! It was so nice! Reese had her 6 month checkup at 3:45. She was 75% in weight and 65% in height. Unfortunately, poor baby had to get 3 shots. I think I hate it worse than she does!! Afterwards, Kyndall and Blake came to our house and Dad treated all of us to a delicious Italian dinner at Bravo. It was such a nice night!! We all curled up when we got home for the new episodes of Duck Dynasty!! #love
I worked from home on Friday and then we left for Monroe afterwards. We didn't get in until late Friday night because of a horrible wreck on the interstate. Saturday was spent with cousins, and we had a ball!! Sunday morning, we went to church, ate lunch, and were back on the road. It was a quick trip, but so much fun to see everybody. Here are some pictures of our great weekend!!
All 5 of them!
Reese was taking it all in....
Sweet Charlie Claire and Reese (almost 4 months apart)
We love our cousins!
Now, back to the grind! It's going to be another BUSY week around here!!