Sunday, September 25, 2016

Reese is 4

I know I say this every year, but I can't believe how big my sweet girl is.  Another year has passed, and you are FOUR YEARS OLD!  It seems like just yesterday that we were bundling you up, taking you home from the hospital, and getting ready for Fall. 

You have grown so much to me this year.  Your little personality is just blossoming.  You are so observant and nothing gets past you.  You are VERY independent, and although it's a great quality that every mother wants their daughter to possess, a part of me sometimes wishes you were little again, and needed me for everything. ;)  You are sassy, funny, and have a big heart for others.

You still love your baby dolls, and are such a little Mama to them (and Brooks when you two are getting along.) You like Doc McStuffins, putting together puzzles, and are doing fantastic with identifying letters and working on your name.  You are really getting into dance and have been doing so well this year. I hope to get you into soccer in the Spring.

As I wish you a very Happy Birthday sweet Reese, I want to thank you. Thank you for making me a mother.  Thank you for teaching me what it's like to love something more than life itself. After becoming a mother, all the selfish things I was concerned about didn't matter anymore.  I am always more concerned about you and your sweet brother, and your needs. I worry about you ALL the time, not in a bad way...but in a way that I want to keep you safe from all harm this world brings.  I want to protect you from getting sick, from hurtful words, from "not nice" people. Being a mother is my greatest gift and greatest challenge.  I pray daily that I am doing this thing right.  Please never doubt the love your Daddy and I have for you.  You are our precious gift from God, and we pray his guidance on your life every day.

Happy Birthday sweet baby girl! We love you to the moon!








On September 12, you're actual big day, we celebrated with dinner of your choice (Chick-Fil-A of course) and cookie cake with family! 



No comments:

Post a Comment