Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Beautiful Days


The older I get the more beautiful every day of life is to me.  Each day it's a gift to wake up, to hug those that you love, to be kind to those around you (even if they choose differently), and to just be thankful.  I find myself being thankful for little things.... A warm shower to wake me up, a nice car to drive me to work, a job that I love and that pays the bills, the sunshine (or the rain), the food that I can buy my family, the comfortable bed where I lay my head every single night.  All of those are things that I have overlooked before, yet find myself thanking God for regularly.

Beautiful days are often in our attitude.  For example, as I type this, it is raining and I can hear the thunder crashing outside. As much as I love the gorgeous sunshine, it's a beautiful day because our garden and yard is being watered.  I'm loving the sound of the thunder as I type away in our guest bedroom where I've been working from home today.  It's our choice to see the day as beautiful.

Below are pictures from our beautiful days a few weeks ago.  We went to Tulsa on Saturday to meet our sweet baby cousin, Eli Joseph Roberts.  He is the most precious gift from God.  His amazing Mama has carried him and given birth to him while fighting Stage 3 breast cancer.  She is truly amazing.  We soaked up some sweet snuggles with this angel and enjoyed lunch with Aaron and Lindsay. 












After loving on Baby Eli, we were able to go visit my grandparents who are at a nursing home now in Tulsa.  I hadn't seen them at their new facility, and I wanted my kiddos to get another chance to soak up some hugs and kisses from two very special people in my life. We loved getting to see them and visit. They hold such a special place in my heart. Saturday was a beautiful day!!
















Sunday, one of my best friends in the world and her precious kiddos (Adalie, James, and Aubrey Kate) came in town.  It was the first time for my kiddos to get to meet hers and it warmed my heart so very much. The Ware's, Kim and her crew, and the 4 Fitzgerald's went to brunch after church at Tavola on the square.  It was hilarious, chaotic, loud, and perfect. I love all these little blessings God has given us and am so happy they got to spend some time together. 












Sunday night, we went to the Amp to see Straight No Chaser in concert.  This was my second time to see them, and they didn't disappoint.  I LOVE them. It was such a fun time!












Monday night, I got to sneak out for a girls night with these favorites of mine.  We went to Chuy's for dinner (where we lost our tickets and then found them) and then went to the Amp to see Counting Crows and Matchbox 20.  Time with these two is never dull.  It's adventurous, fun, encouraging, and full of love. I always say these two are good for my soul. 
Sunday was a beautiful day!!








Choose to make every day BEAUTIFUL!



No comments:

Post a Comment