Thursday, February 21, 2019

Valentine's Day

Oh Valentine's Day...I have a love/hate relationship with you!  I think it's great to have a holiday that highlights how important it is to LOVE, but the boxes that must be made, the 42 valentine's that need to be addressed to friends, the party planning, and the treats for my own kiddos, just makes me ready to move right on past this day!  I told myself on Thursday afternoon that next year, I will have a better attitude. 


Reese made her penguin box (Yep! Right off of Pinterest) and of course both my nuggets were dressed for the fun day ahead.  Reese had her school party on Thursday afternoon and Brooks had a party on Thursday (Daddy went to) and on Friday as well. 


































Friday, we had Brooks' Valentine party at Pre-school.  He is such a boy!!  As soon as we all got there, he didn't care one bit about handing out cards, eating cookies, or small talk with friends...he just asked, "Can we go home now?"  It made me laugh.  He is my home body who just loves to be with his family and cozy in our house.  I think it might be one of our greatest compliments as parents.  











That Friday night, this Mama decided the parental's deserved margaritas, so off we went to Local Lime.  It was SOOO good, as always.  









And here are a few of MY VALENTINE


The night we met in May 2008


Our first Valentine's Day together in 2009, we were engaged.



Our weekend was perfect.  It was spent doing "all things responsible."  Some people may not look forward to changing sheets, buying groceries, cleaning up (before the house keeper comes the next week). But the weekend before, we came back late Sunday and I just don't do well rushing into a new week if I don't have a little bit of down time.  I crave it before a busy week starts, so it was wonderful. 


Hope Valentine's Day was great for everyone, and CHEERS to it being behind us!












No comments:

Post a Comment