Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Disorganization Is Our New Normal

For anyone who truly knows me, I am a type A personality.  My team laughs at me because I am so organized.  I live by a planner, always have a list, and HATE clutter.  I do laundry every day so that I'm not drowning in it on the weekends, keep a clean house, and manage my territory for work (not to mention take care of a sweet baby girl and handsome hubby).


You can just imagine how much hair I've pulled out, going on week 3 of living out of boxes, searching for different items every day, and trying to manage all our chaos.  To say that I am ready to move into our new house, is an understatement.  I am the type of person that needs structure and I cannot wait to have it back.  (Side note:  I am forever grateful to my parents who have let us crash and take over their beautiful home.  They have been so wonderful and have helped us out as we wait for our house to be finished.  This kid just can't stand the clutter!!)


On a positive note, we have closed on our home in Little Rock and all of our belongings are in storage until August 2, when we will close on our house in Hyde Park.  We found a good Mother's Day Out for Reese at First United Methodist.  She will go on M, W, and Friday and Mom is going to keep her on T and Th.  She will start on August 15, and we're pretty excited about it!  We pray it will be a great place for her.  Matt is interviewing right now for positions in some of the hospitals in the area and we are hoping to hear something this next week.  We've also found a gym that is close to our house and as soon as we make our move, Matt and I are more than ready to get back into our workout routines.  Things are slowly but surely falling into place. 


I'm trying to be patient during this "waiting period," but it's really starting to wear on me. 9 more days  and then the craziness of moving AGAIN will start. I will be taking off 2 or 3 days to get our things in order and I'm hoping by the middle of August, all we'll be doing is buying fun things to add here and there.  I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and with moving comes lots of change.  I'm really focused on keeping a positive attitude, and hoping the next 9 days will fly by!!!












1 comment:

  1. Hope that you are all set up now and organizing happily! I'm totally type A, too. Congrats on your new place!

    ReplyDelete