Monday, March 31, 2014

22 Weeks....

Well, we are past the halfway point through this pregnancy. I can't believe that we are working our way to the 6 month mark.  This pregnancy is absolutely flying by.  A couple of fun things.... We've decided on a name for our little guy, and it will be Brooks Vaughn. (Vaughn is Matt's grandfather and father's name.)  We will call him Brooks, so may the monogramming begin :))

We've purchased his baby furniture at The Baby's Room and it should be in towards the end of May. I've also decided to decorate the room with Pottery Barn's Junior Varsity bedding set and decor. (Sports themed - I think it will be precious when it's done.)


How Far Along:  22 weeks


Weight Gain:  I hadn't gained a pound until our 17 week appointment, I gained one pound.  However, at our 21 week appt, I had put on 7 lbs!!!!  I about died!!!  The nurse and Matt started walking down the hall, as I stood there and weighed myself AGAIN!!   I was shocked!!  Guess when you're not throwing up 3x a day, you begin to put on weight. :)).


Maternity Clothes:  Of course!! This belly is huge!! I feel so big already and I'm really anxious about how big I will be before delivery?!


Stretch Marks: No, hoping for none!


Best Moment:  Finding out at our 18-week ultrasound that we are having a BOY!!  Everything looked great and he seems to be growing just as he should be.


Miss Anything: Wearing heels (my back is beginning to bother me more), regular clothing (I hate maternity clothes), and sleeping on my stomach.


Movement:  Oh yes! I love feeling him wiggle, roll, and give me little kicks at night. He's an active little nugget!!


Food Cravings: I'm still drinking a lot of unsweetened tea (just as I did with Reese), but a regular coke is also sounding good about once a day.  I really haven't been craving anything particular, I'm just thrilled to be holding down food!!


Anything Making You Sick:  I have to really watch it with Mexican food.  It's one of my favorite things to eat, but it's made me sick the last 2 out of 3x I've had it!


Gender: BOY!!


Belly In/Out:  Still in...but not for much longer :/


Happy/Moody:  I'm happy!!! Yes, this pregnancy has been much harder on my body, but I just feel so blessed to have this sweet little guy growing inside of me.


Looking Forward To:  Our beach vacation...starting Saturday!!! Our little family is headed to Sandestin for the week!! Can't wait to post about Reese's first trip to the beach!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment