Saturday, May 14, 2016

Growing Like Weeds


This is just a random post to remind me that my kiddos are growing at warp speed.  I'm going to have a two year old and four year old in just 4 short months.  Surely time has to slow at some point. 

This sweet girl below continues to amaze me.  She listens to EVERY SINGLE THING we say (of course unless we're begging her to eat all of the food on her plate!)  She repeats things that I never thought she would at 3 years old, and she actually uses them correctly in sentences.  (i.e. - Actually...Ridiculous...Freaking Out...Just Sit Tight - all of these things I have said and she seems to pick up on them and use them in a sentence the very next day!!)  It's comical!!
She is beginning to really test our patience.  She's definitely testing boundaries and is at the age where we have to tell her 3x to do or not to do something.  Please tell me this is a phase, people!?
Overall though, she's my sweet girl who runs up to me and gives me a giant hug every morning, wants to wash her face (like Mommy does) every night, tells me I'm pretty when I look my worst, and loves her baby brother BIG!!!


This picture was taken right after she said to me, "Mama, did you know I'll always be your baby girl?"  Melt.My.Heart





She's in the "Clean Plate Club" (Yep! We've got a club at our house, it's the only way we can get her to eat.)


Sunday best before Church :)))



And then there's this guy!!  Oh, he is so precious!!  He is still my snuggler, even at almost 22 months.  Every night we read and rock and he falls asleep in my arms.  Of course, that might explain why he's in our bed half way through the night. He wakes up and realizes I laid him down.  I know, I know...I shouldn't be doing that.  Well, whatever!!!  He is only little once, right?

Brooks is talking up a storm.  He loves his sister and is always saying Reese.  He says Jovie (our dog), car, bus, airplane, Dada, Pawpaw, juice, drink, puffs, and much more.  It seems like he learns a new word every day.  He is so energetic and runs around screaming most of the time.  He is ALL BOY!!1





This was at MDO when they brought in a bubble machine.  He loves some bubbles!!  I just can't get over how old he looks in this picture.


So Big!!





Watching Daddy mow...wishing he were out there too.


I'm not going to lie.... This "phase or stage" is rough.  They are still so little, and VERY MUCH in a routine.  We follow it pretty well 5 nights a week, the weekends are much more lax.  There are days when I want to scream, and then there are days I want to bury my head and cry.  My kiddos don't listen, they fight with each other, they run around screaming, and they test my patience every day, BUT I know these days are numbered.  And, for the most part, they are sweet little humans who are curious about life and just learning new things. 

No matter how exhausting and trying the day might be, I lay my head down every night and thank God for another day.  I thank Him for their little laughs, for Reese's never-ending questions, and for both of their tiny mouths saying "hold me Mama" at least 2x a day when I'm desperately trying to get something done.  And there is something about hearing them say "I love you," that makes all the frustration I might be feeling just melt away. 

Someone once told me, "the days are long, but the years are short."  That saying has never felt so true to me.  Therefore, I'm going to soak up every single day that God blesses our sweet family with, and continue to watch my little blessings thrive.











No comments:

Post a Comment