Thursday, October 6, 2016

Denver - True Value Market

So...what started out as a long shot/joke turned into one of the best weekends I've had this year.  To make a long story short, Dad and Landon go to the True Value Fall Market every year.  This year, they had a contest to sing the National Anthem at the opening ceremony.  Landon mentioned it to Kyndall and me over the July 4th weekend, and we threw a 3 part harmony together in Mom and Dad's garage and sent it in as our audition.  Guess what?  WE WON!!  

True Value flew all of us in (with a guest) and paid for our flights, hotel, and meals.  Since Matt had just had his lap nissen surgery, he was unable to go.  I decided to bring the next best thing...Lindsey Honea ;). I was pretty anxious about leaving, since Matt was being discharged from the hospital, but Larry and Andree' came into town to help with the kids and take care of him while I was gone.  

Lindsey and I flew out on Thursday, September 15 and met Kyndall and Blake in Denver at 10:30.  The weather was amazing!  We checked into the Embassy and grabbed lunch downtown at Euclid Hall.  (HIGHLIGHT: we were greeted by a gorgeous gift basket from TV, welcoming us to Colorado.)  Afterwards, we went shopping and checked out Rock Bottom Brewery.  Then, we met up with Landon, Brandi, Mom and Dad at the convention center to walk the market floor.  We had passes for the entire weekend and I loved getting to see what "market" is all about.














That evening, we went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants EVER...Oceanaire.  (Thanks Dad for picking up the bill. ;))

Friday morning, Mom, Lindsey and I grabbed some Starbucks and went back to the floor to look at all the vendor booths. Landon, Kyndall, and I were to perform at 4:30 on Friday, so we spent the morning practicing before eating lunch.  After lunch we had sound check/rehearsal, and then I went back to the room to rest.  We performed our own acapella version of the Star Spangled Banner in front of 5,000 people, and it went great.  My siblings and I haven't sang together in public for almost 14 years and this was an amazing experience.









Afterwards, they shuttled us to the rodeo where we ate BBQ, enjoyed drinks, and listened to Styx perform.  It was a memorable night!  We decided to end our evening with a nightcap at a bar called Stout.







Saturday, I had to fly home, but not before my sweet Mama booked a spa day for all of us girls.  After telling Landon and Dad bye, we walked to the spa where I enjoyed a massage, facial, and hand treatment for 2.5 hours.  It was PURE BLISS!





I had to book it to the airport right after that to catch my flight and get home to my crew.  I was so happy to see my sweet hubs and kiddos, and yet equally thankful for such an awesome trip.  It was the first trip our family of 5 had been on together in 15 years.  (I think the beach might have been the last time we vacationed together.)  I'm hoping it won't be that long before we do it again!!



Now if I can just talk Big Reese into letting us go with them to California next year!! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment