Wednesday, October 26, 2016

My Favorite Time of Year

Well, September is behind us, and it's my favorite time of year...FALL!  I absolutely love the next three months.  All of the holidays, decorating, time with family, and time off work...I look forward to it every year. September for us was probably the busiest month we've had this year.  We had a great time on our beach vacation, but when we got back, Matt and Brooks both had surgeries within a week of each other.  Matt has had horrible reflux and heartburn, which he's battled for years.  He had a lap nissen done to try and fix the problem.  He was on leave for 2 weeks, but is back to work with limited lifting.  It's too early to be able to tell if the surgery has worked, but we are hopeful.  Brooks-man had tubes put in his ears the following week, and the surgery went very well.  I flew to Denver for the True Value Fall Market, and then had to turn around and fly to Las Vegas for meetings at the end of the month.









Rock of Ages show in Vegas


Needless to say, I was more than happy to see October 1 arrive.  We have been busy, but we are all HOME.  We are home to eat together, watch football on Saturday's, play outside in the evenings, and just enjoy the presence of each other.  Our two kiddos are growing so quickly, Matt and I are just trying to soak up each day with them, despite the chaos of every day routine getting in the way.

Since being home, Reese and I have decorated the house for Halloween. She had so much fun helping me.   I also repainted/refurbished our breakfast table in the kitchen with chalk paint.  I'm so happy with how it turned out.


Her Halloween tree ;)






We got Boo'ed!









We had family in town for Craft Fairs, October 14-16, and we had a blast.  I took off work on Friday, and we went to John Q. Hammons and then were out at War Eagle on Saturday morning.  Again, one of the many reasons I love this time of year!



















I've got the kiddos costumes all picked out for Halloween and they're going to be adorable. Can't believe it's only 5 days away!! I love these two nuggets!









No comments:

Post a Comment