Monday, June 5, 2017

Angelic Conversations

So, some people might think Matt and I are crazy, but every night one of us lays down with each of our children. If I lay with Brooks until he falls asleep one night, I will lay with Reese the next night. 
No, it's not convenient...there are many other things I could be getting done. And yes, I often fall asleep with them and then have to wake Matt up. At least a couple nights a week, Matt and I are both stumbling down the stairs to our bed half asleep. 

However, I often remind myself that this won't last forever.  There will come a day when neither of them will want me in their rooms.  As for now, Brooks just wants me to hold him in my arms while he falls fast  asleep. And Reese, well...this is where some of our greatest conversations have occurred.   I love laying down with her and listening to all the sweet thoughts that are going through her head. She is so inquisitive about Heaven and God right now. It makes my heart so happy! I never want to forget these sweet things...here are a few of our recent conversations. 


1) "Mommy, are you older or is Daddy older?
Me: Well, Daddy is 3 years older than Mommy.
R: So, its Daddy, Mommy, Reese and then Brooks?
Me: Yes
R: So that means Daddy will go to Heaven first, and then you, and then me and Brooks.
Me: (with tears in my eyes...so glad it was dark) Well, God decides when it's time for us to go live with Him in Heaven. Sometimes we don't go in order of our age, he calls us to Heaven when He needs us. 
R: (quietly thinking) But do you think we could all just go together? 


2) When Jack dies, and I die, and Brynlee and Emma Grace die, will we all go to the same Heaven?
Me: Yes, we will all be together there one day.
R: Will it be the same Heaven as their puppy dogs went to?
Me: Oh yes! 
R: Well, do you think God let Kaylee and Sneeder (aka Snyder) bring their dog beds, their food and water bowls, their toys and treats with them to Heaven?


3) "Mommy, who is the biggest person in the world?" 
Me: Well, that would be God. He's bigger than anyone and his love for us is bigger than we can imagine. 
R: Is he bigger than our house? 
Me: So much bigger than our house.
R: (sitting quietly and really thinking) Do they make clothes big enough to fit God?


4) We were talking about how it was going to rain this past weekend, which was Emma's swim party. I mentioned that the weathermen had said it could rain, but only God knows exactly what the weather will do. 
R: Well, do you have God's number so we could call Him? I really don't want it to rain during the party. :))


The sweet innocence of Reese is so priceless. I love that everything is literal in a 4 year olds mind. (If God is as big as our house, where would He find clothes that big?) I never want to forget these precious conversations and the moments I get to lie in bed and just talk to my girl. I pray she is always this inquisitive about God and about Heaven, that she will never want to stop learning more about Him. 

So despite the long nights of lying down with my children, while other things go by the wayside, I will never regret, not for a minute, falling asleep next to them. 













No comments:

Post a Comment