Sunday, December 31, 2017

It's A Wonderful Life

As the month of December comes to an end, we’ve continued all of our fun even after the Christmas holiday.  We celebrated my beautiful Mama’s 60th birthday with a big family dinner at Marketplace. The grands had a big sleepover at Mimi and Pawpaw’s while Matt and I enjoyed at quiet date night at Pressroom.  We went to see the movie “Ferdinand” (which was adorable), and we enjoyed some relaxing days at home all snuggled in pajamas and playing with new toys.  It was perfection!






























This holiday season might be the BEST I can remember.  It wasn't about the toys, but about making Christmas memories.  Riding the Polar Express and seeing the eyes of my children sparkle, spending the day at SDC in awe of all of the Christmas lights, sticking with tradition and going to the Bentonville and Fayetteville squares to eat and look at lights, Christmas programs, giving back to those in need, visiting Santa 1,2, maybe 3 times. :)  This year was more magical to me than any other year. Honestly, I am so sad to see it go.

Instead of wishing I could freeze time though, I'm going to try to remember this motto for life.... I read this from a friend's post on Instagram and thought it was brilliant. 

"There is MORE. We are the keepers of the secret power of recognizing and creating celebrations among ordinary days, and that power lasts all year.  Everything we love about this season is scattered throughout the rest of the year too--opportunities for gathering, music, giving, and gratitude. How many sunsets will take our breath away this year?  How many nights will we fall asleep feeling warm and full and loved?  How many adventures await us?  There is so much to look forward to."

As 2017 comes to a close, I am so grateful.  I'm grateful for all the blessings the Lord has put in our life.  I pray that 2018 has nothing but health and happiness for us all.


Happy New Year Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment