Wednesday, January 24, 2018

‘Tis the Season to be Freezin’

Windchill of -1...that’s what we've been waking up to.  This January has been COLD.  We’ve had the heating blankets on the bed, the fireplace roaring, and the heat stays at a solid 72 most of the day. (HELLO GAS BILL!)  However, I still love this season.  I love the thought of being in a warm house by the fire, with soup on the stove, wrapped up in a cozy cardigan, playing with my kiddos.  There’s just something about winter that warms my heart. 

We’ve had a busy start to the new year.  Actually, I’m not going to lie.... It’s been a little more stressful than I would prefer.  There were some changes that were made to my job in early January, and it kinda rocked my world.  However, the Lord always hears our prayers and He has provided. After 5 stressful days, everything is back to how things should be and I’m forever grateful for answered prayers, a supportive family, a team of encouragers, and a manager that fights for what’s best.

We went to Monroe to see Matt’s family this past week, and while we had a good time, the trip wasn’t quite our norm. Reese ran a fever of 101+ the entire time, we didn’t get to spend much time with cousins, and Tuesday morning when we left it was snowing and 14 degrees. The roads were a sheet of ice from Monroe to Pine Bluff.  It took us 9 hours to get back home.  We were exhausted!
Needless to say, this past weekend was low key and relaxing. Just what we needed.

On our way to Monroe, on January 13, we stopped in Little Rock to celebrate sweet Evie and her 2nd birthday. It was a big ‘ole party at the Little Gym. I think every kid there had a blast.  I can’t believe she is two. Happy Birthday Evie Rose! 





















The kiddos had a great time opening presents from Amie and Poppy and playing with cousins in LA, when we were well enough to do so :(














No comments:

Post a Comment