Saturday, October 12, 2019

A Little Staycation

So Matt and I were supposed to fly out to spend the week in Turks and Caicos on September 22nd but decided to cancel our trip about a week before.  To be honest, my heart has been so heavy for many people that I love.  Our dear friend, David Bradley, battling brain cancer, a sweet little girl suffering from a traumatic brain injury (the same age as my Reese), my brother and his amazing wife getting ready to fly across the world to adopt their son.  I have been so prayerful for healing, for a miracle, for safe travels, for our Lord to comfort those who are hurting as only He can.  All of these life happenings have made me long to be closer to those that I love.  I just couldn't bear to fly across the Atlantic and leave my babies right now. 

I am so very thankful for a wonderful husband who understands my heart and just rolls with the punches.  So instead of flying to Turks, we decided to stay closer to home and enjoy a little staycation.  We started out staying at 21C in Bentonville.  It was a rainy night, so we had drinks and dinner at the Hive and just enjoyed a relaxing night together.  It was wonderful.  Matt and I got up and worked out and then had brunch at the PressRoom before driving to Branson that afternoon.







We spent the next two days at Big Cedar.  We stayed in a cozy lodge with a fireplace (sure it’s still very warm out) and incredible views. It’s so beautiful there.  We had dinner at Top of the Rock...delicious...and then enjoyed another quiet night. It rained the next day, which limited our activities, but we loved sitting on our porch and soaking in the cool front that came in while listening to the rain fall.















We drove home Tuesday afternoon and on our way into town decided to stop and look at Jeep Wranglers for Matt.  He’s been wanting one for a long time.  While we didn’t set out to buy one that day, we found one that we loved so guess what??  We have a new Jeep!  ðŸ˜‚








Matt has been cruising around in the “sweet ride” aka Papaw’s 1999 silver Honda Accord for almost a year and a half.  He is so very deserving of this good lookin’ Ride.

Although we didn’t spend the week in Turks, I wouldn’t change a thing.  Our time together was perfect. ❤️







No comments:

Post a Comment