Sunday, January 26, 2020

My Beautiful Nana

My Nana, Laferne Caldwell, passed from this world on January 5.  She was a beautiful, amazing soul. I have so many wonderful memories of her throughout my childhood and young adult years.  She was so kind, so loving, so patient, and I remember nothing but sweetness.  It was her wish that at her funeral her four son-in-laws would preside over it.  She thought the world of my dad and my 3 uncles, and loved them as much as she loved her beautiful four daughters.  She was blessed with 13 grandchildren, and 12 great-grandchildren to date.  Anytime we were all together, it truly felt like a little piece of heaven.  We would laugh, cry, sing, and reminisce of past times.   It's what I imagine eternity will be like in the presence of our Lord.  

My Nana had so much love for her family, but above all she loved the Lord.  She was the perfect example of a Proverbs 31 woman and I am so thankful for her faithful example.  I pray I can possess half of the wonderful qualities she did and trust in our God all the days of my life. 





































No comments:

Post a Comment