Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Remember to Stop and Smell the Roses


Things have seemed so crazy lately...I was wondering last night if it will ever slow down. And I am pretty sure the answer is NO. If you know me at all, I am a perfectionist. I want everything to be done perfectly and on-time. I was blessed to receive a promotion at work two months ago and therefore have taken on some new and exciting projects, but of course with that, comes more stress. Matt is doing so great in school (I really don't know how he does it) and is scheduled to graduate as an RN in one year. We have so much to be thankful for and this post is a reminder to me that I need to quit stressing about all the little things in life and just enjoy the moment. It's not going to matter if I don't clean the house tonight, or if Jovie gets a bath before company comes in town, or if the document my boss needs isn't early (like it usually is), or if I don't get by the cleaners or the grocery store. (actually the grocery store is a must...have you seen how much my husband can eat? Don't know where it all goes:)

Matt says it best, "Kia, if you don't get it done today, it will be there for you to do tomorrow." And this is why he and I are the perfect couple. He is so laid back and while I worry about things getting done, he reminds me to just relax a little bit. That's why as soon as I sign off of here, I am not going to worry about any of these things that need to be done, and I am going to curl up in bed with my wonderful husband. It will ALL be here for me tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Yea!!! I'm so excited to get to follow your life through this blog! I am just so happy to see you so happy, and I think y'all are such a sweet couple (and beautiful!!). You will be so glad you did this blog some day, because you'll start to forget all of the little day to day memories! Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete