Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was so nice. We had absolutely nothing planned!!  Friday night Matt took me shopping for a little bit (I got to spend some b-day $$) and we went to eat at our favorite sushi restaurant, Sushi Cafe.  Afterwards, we did my favorite thing...curl up in bed and watch movies. It was a great night (despite the tornado sirens going off 10 times).  I am ready for this "spring tornado" weather to be over.  Saturday was a little bit more eventful.  We came home with a new truck for Matt.  We have been planning on buying him a new car for the past 3 months, and just haven't had time to look for anything.  We came across a great deal on this used 2008 Toyota Tundra, only 20,000 miles. We are hoping this Toyota will run just as great as Matt's Toyota Four-Runner (yes it had 223,000 miles on it...it had seen some better days). 
Saturday afternoon we went to a crawfish boil with lots of friends.  Matt loves crawfish...me, not so much.  I only eat a little (when he peels it for me:) Afterward, we grilled steaks at our neighbors and enjoyed the rain on the patio. Church was wonderful today as always, we just love our Seekers Bible class so much. We had brunch at Copeland's with Kyndall, napped and just got back from a nice 3 mile walk.  I am so thankful for such a nice weekend with so many people I love.  Looking forward to next weekend...another engagement party for Jules and Jason and dinner with friends coming in from Monroe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment