Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Trying Times

My motto since I have become a Mom is to "take one day at a time."  I can't tell you how often I say this to myself during the week, especially this last week.  It's been a rough couple of days at the Fitzgerald household.  Reese was diagnosed with RSV last Wednesday and bless her heart.... Although she hasn't been running a fever, and her breathing is regulated, she has a cough that makes you cringe and mucus that is never ending.  She can't breathe very well at night when she sleeps on her back, therefore Matt and I are running on about 4 hours of sleep a night for the past 6 days.   I think we're both PAST exhausted!!
 

Last Wednesday, I was having horrible abdominal pains and went to the doctor that afternoon only to spend the evening in the hospital getting CT scans.  The doctor thought I could possibly have appendicitis. Thankfully, I did not...but I do have ovarian cysts causing all my pain. I got home late that night and have been at home with our little munchkin since.
 

Despite being exhausted, missing 4 days of work, fighting the abdominal pain I have, and praying 100x a day that Reese will get better, I am thankful for the little things.  I am thankful for a wonderful Mom who comes in town all weekend to give Matt and me a little break. I'm thankful for a sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law who have brought us dinner and breakfast umpteen times throughout the past week. I'm thankful for a company/manager who has been so understanding about my time out of the field.  I'm thankful for the best husband in the world who never let's me do anything by myself. He is always helping, holding Reese, putting her to bed, feeding her... I couldn't ask for a better life partner.  I'm thankful for wonderful church friends who are bringing us dinner this week.  I'm thankful for the "Friends" marathon that was on this weekend to help pass the time while I was at home.  I'm thankful for amazing friends who are watching Reese this week so that I can see a few customers.  And I am very thankful that Reese isn't getting worse.  Yes, this sucks, but she could be in the hospital, on breathing machines, or much worse.  I'm trying to keep it all in perspective!!  I know that this too shall pass.  I just continually pray that it will be sooner rather than later.




No comments:

Post a Comment