Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Big 33

I suppose that 33 isn't the most exciting birthday, but for this girl...it was perfect!!!  I can't believe that I am thirty-three!  (#old)  I am so grateful for the blessings of this year and thank the Lord that I was able to celebrate it with those that I love.  This birthday was extra special because it was my first birthday as a Mom.  In fact, Reese was so excited it was my birthday that she woke up at 4:00 a.m. ready to celebrate.  *STINKER*
 
After a busy morning at work, the celebrating started when I took a break for a delicious lunch.  Kyndall, Jules, and David met me on the patio at Sushi Cafe'.  Then, Kyndall and I did a little birthday shopping in the Heights.   We both found some great stuff.  She also surprised me with a gift card to one of my favorite local boutiques, Scarlet.  Can you say the best sister EVER?? 
 
I picked up 'lil bit' early and got some extra snuggles and loving.  Reese (she's such a shopper) got me a Pandora charm for my bracelet that is her birthstone. It's a sapphire and I love it!!
 
 
Matt surprised me by asking Kyndall to baby-sit Wednesday night so that we could go to dinner.  We decided on our hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant, Cafe' Prego. We love that place and had a wonderful evening on the patio with wine, salads, pasta, and chocolate crème brulee.  He was a sweetheart and got me a big gift card to one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie!!  You know I'll be finding some great stuff there!!! 
 
 
A night out with this handsome guy was the icing on the cake!!
 
 
 
The older I get the more I care less about the presents (don't get me wrong, I love a nice little something every now and then) and care more about the people who have come into my life.  There's something so cool about reading all the texts, facebook comments, Instagram remarks, and cards from so many people!  I am thankful for each day and I pray daily that the Lord will continue to bless my entire family and all of you!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment