Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Holiday House

Reese and I had the best weekend in Little Rock with some of my favorite people!!  Matt had to work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so we took advantage of getting out of town and enjoying a trip back "home."  It's crazy to me that we hadn't been back since the weekend we moved in July.  I guess things have just been so busy between buying a house, starting new jobs, planning a first birthday for Lil' Miss, and everything else in between.  Needless to say, it was a FABULOUS weekend. 
 
 
Reese and I drove in Friday morning and met Kyndall for lunch at Sushi Cafe' - a favorite that I have been missing tremendously.  It was as good as ever (maybe better, since I'm not spoiled with it on a weekly basis anymore. :))  After lunch, we headed to Holiday House downtown.  Kyndall and I have  made this a tradition and we always have so much fun.  (Side note: There were a lot of clothes this year... not cool...I prefer more of the décor, jewelry, and Christmas gift ideas personally.)  However, we both still found a few things and had a blast. 
 
 
 
Someone thought they were big stuff in Santa's chair!!
 
 
Friday night was perfect.  We stayed in at Kyndall and Blake's, ordered pizza, and watched Elf.  This gave Reese time to run around and let all that energy out that was bubbled up from a 3 hour car ride and sitting in a stroller.  Adam and Ashley joined us too.  (The boys were a little late getting home because Blake shot an 8 point buck that afternoon!!)  YAY UNCLE BLAKE!!
 
 
Saturday morning we lounged around and I made sure Reese fit in a little morning nap before we girls headed out to shop!!  I will say that one thing I miss about Little Rock are the boutiques and stores.  Kyndall was sweet to let me run wild at some of the places I hadn't been to in a while.  Scarlet, The Toggery, JCrew, and Anthropologie were on the HIT list.  We caught up on some girl time, enjoyed some Starbucks, and found some goodies.  It was the best day I've had in a very long time!!  Just what my soul needed...some SISTER time!  (I also have to brag on Reese,  she was truly WONDERFUL all weekend.  She rolled with the punches and was so good!!!)
 
 
 
Reading with Uncle Blake in the morning.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Saturday night, we met some close friends at Local Lime for dinner.  (Another one of my FAVORITES in LR).  Ben took such good care of us and we had a great time catching up.  Afterwards, it was back to the house for a glass of wine and The Grinch.
 
 
 
This girl loves her Aunt Bee!!
 
 
 
And her Aunt Jules...SOOOO good seeing this girl!!
 
 

 GREAT NIGHT!
 
 
 
Sunday morning, Reese and I got on the road around 9:00 so that we could get back in time to go to LifeGroup with Matt.  We are thankful for a safe trip there and home.  Again, it truly was the best weekend!!  I miss my sister more than I ever imagined.  She is my best friend and our times together are priceless.  In fact, I cried for a good 30 minutes on the way home, thinking about how much I wish I could live in both places at the same time.  I am so glad that she is happy with her amazing husband, gorgeous home, successful job, and so much more.  If anyone on this earth deserves to be happy, it's Kyndall.  I sure do love you, sis!!  Thanks for a FABULOUS weekend!!  See you in 9 short days!!  Woo Hoo!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment