Saturday, February 11, 2017

Random Rambles

There have really been some things on my mind and heart that I want to do differently this year.  You saw (if you read my blog) that one of my NY resolutions is to read more.  I'm excited to say that I've already finished 2 books in January.  It's amazing how refreshing it is to disconnect from social media and just take time to indulge in a book.  I know I am one to post pictures on Instagram regularly, but one could spend hours scrolling through all the different posts.  It's been freeing to put it down.

I just finished reading "Killing Christians," a beautiful book about our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that risk their lives every day just to worship Him. It was eye opening to me, and it caused me to think twice about taking for granted the freedom of religion that we have in this country.  I have included in my daily prayers these Christians in the Middle East who could lose their life at any time because of their beliefs.  I would encourage you to read the book and do the same. It's a non-fiction read that will truly get you thinking. 

And another subject, which has been on my heart lately, is tithing.  Whether you tithe or not, it isn't my business...how much one tithe's isn't my business either.  But I have been looking around lately and counting my blessings, and in my own personal world, there is no reason why tithing shouldn't increase every year. God has so richly blessed all of us in different ways, therefore he expects us to bless others.  There are many ways to bless others, that don't include a monetary value, I realize. But Luke 12:48 is always at the forefront of my mind... "To whom much is given, much is required."  I'm making it a goal to double our contributions in helping others this year, over last.  I realize this is a hefty goal, but I'm hoping that by making it a priority (and putting it on the blog to hold myself accountable), I can make it happen.  After all, blessing others and taking care of the less fortunate is what we are called to do. 


A post full of random thoughts...I haven't had time to do that in a while. How nice!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment