Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Brooks' Half Birthday

My sweet baby boy turned 2.5 on Monday, January 23.  I look at him all the time and think to myself, "How in the world can he be turning 3 this year?"  It makes me so happy to see him growing and thriving, but breaks my heart at the same time because my baby is THIS BIG!!  He has grown up so much to me in the last 6 months.  Brooks, these are my favorite things about you right now....


You count from 1 to 12...correctly. It's pretty impressive. :)


You are speaking in full sentences, and it blows my mind.  You are so smart!!  The things that you say that crack me up are, "Oh no, not again!!" or "Guys, guys...listen" (as both your hands are waving in the air).


You say the sweetest prayers.  You put both your hands over your eyes and spread your fingers so you can look around the room and tell God what you're thankful for.  It's always Mommy, Daddy, Reese, Brooks, Jovie, an occasional Amie, Poppy, Mimi, or Pawpaw, your juice, your paci, your trains, sometimes your plate or spoon.  You get the idea.... And then a long drawn out AAAAMEN to end it.


You are loving everything that has to do with trains.  Your favorite movie to watch over Christmas this year was the Polar Express...all because it was about a big train.  You love your train table and have at least 5 different train sets that you play with EVERY DAY. 


You still love to be held and ask me at least 3x a day to "hold me".  I love to hear that for I know it will end sooner than I want it to.


You have slowed down your eating tremendously but still eat very well. Tonight you had steak, green beans, two helpings of oranges, and a yogurt.  You don't really have much of a sweet tooth. You do like an Oreo occasionally and plain M&M's. (I will say I recently bought the white donuts from the store (MISTAKE) and you could eat a bag of those if I let you.) :)


Your favorite shows to watch in the car or at night (we limit the TV during the weekdays) are Bubble Guppies, Paw Patrol, Little Bear, Finding Nemo, and sometimes Mickey Mouse Club. Nemo has recently become one of your favorites.


You are so tender-hearted, my sweet boy.  I can get on to you for doing something (like hitting your sister) or telling us NO, and you just melt.  I can pull you aside and look into those deep blue eyes and talk to you.  You look right back at me and listen.  While I should be scolding, I often get lost in your eyes that reflect just how gentle your soul is.


You still have a pacifier and a lovey that you ask for consistently.  You don't bring either to MDO and if you have them with you in the car, you always leave them in your car seat.  Honestly, I don't care one bit.  I know you won't take it with you to Kindergarten :)  You MUST have them both when you go to sleep.


And speaking of sleep.... You've been in a toddler bed now for about 5 months.  We put you down in it every night, but every night you wake up and come down to our bed.  Sometimes you walk your little self right down the stairs and to my side of the bed, and then there are times when you wake and start crying.  It annoyed me for a while, but now I honestly wouldn't know what to do if you slept a whole night in your bed!!! We're about to put you in a full bed because this little toddler bed doesn't give you enough room.  You are ALL OVER THE PLACE when you sleep.


You give the best kisses Brooks Vaughn, and often want to hold our hands.  I could never have imagined loving a little boy this much! I thank God for you EVERY SINGLE DAY!  He knew we needed you to complete our little family. I pray for you (and your precious sister) multiple times a day.  I pray for your safety, your health, your future spouse, for you to always be kind to others, that you would never consider yourself better than anyone, and that you would always have faith in God.  It is so important to me and your Daddy that you and your sister never lose sight of the thing that matters most in this world, and that is our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  May you never fall away from Him, but trust in Him and have faith that He has wonderful plans for your life.  We love you so much and will always be here for you, no matter what. 

Happy Half Birthday, My Love!!


A little spaghetti and M&M's for dessert


Those sweet little gaps in your teeth :))




SO HANDSOME


He always wants to hold your hand when he falls asleep, whether it's for nap time or for bed time. I pray he doesn't outgrow this anytime soon!




No wonder we don't get much sleep in our KING SIZE bed!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment