Monday, August 13, 2018

9 Years Together

 Matt and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary on August 1. 9 years!!  I don't know where time goes.... He brought home some beautiful, bright flowers and we had a terrific date night planned on the square.  We ate at Tavola, and then there was live music in front of the 5 and dime that we stopped to listen to.  It was PERFECT!

I have to be honest.  The first thing that attracted me to Matt was his good looks and muscular physique :)  He was tall (what I have always wanted, because I love a good heel), he was polite and well mannered (opening doors for me and buying me a drink the night we met), and he had nice teeth (teeth have always been a big deal for me).  After the evening of May 17,  I decided, "I think I might want to pursue this guy."  I quickly learned that this man was so much more than just a pretty face.

He is the one whose shoulder I can cry on for any reason, big or small.
He encourages and supports me every day in the career that I have chosen.
He is one of the most giving and compassionate people I have ever met.
He is the best Daddy to our two precious babies.
He helps at the house just as much as I do...laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. It’s a 50/50 split, he and I.
He puts his relationship with the Lord before anything else, and I admire him for that more than anything.


Cheers to 9 years. I wouldn't want to do life with anyone else. I love you Charles Matthew Fitzgerald.


















No comments:

Post a Comment