Thursday, August 23, 2018

Reese’s First Week of Kindergarten

Well, we survived the first week of Kindergarten!!!!

By Friday afternoon we were all exhausted, but we did it. Now some of you may be thinking, “what’s the big deal? Everyone does this.”  And you are correct, everyone does.  However, our crew LOVES sleep.  In fact, for the last 5 years, my kids usually have slept until 7:00 or later.  It’s been an adjustment to have everyone up, ready, and out the door at 7:15.  But, this is now our new normal, and I’m determined to ROCK IT! 😉

I am up at 5:00 every morning.  I shower and get myself completely ready by 6:00, when I wake up Reese.  I have an hour to spend with her.  I make her breakfast, pack her lunch/snacks, make beds, etc. Brooks-man is up by 7:00. I leave the house at 7:10 to get Reese to school and Matt finishes getting B ready.  By the time I am back home at 7:40, it’s time to load up Brooks and drop him off at pre-school. I think we’re starting to get into a pretty good routine.

I would be lying though if I said things were just peachy keen. We’ve had our mornings of melt downs. The kids and me🙋🏻‍♀️. My prayer is that this will get easier...it will right?














This picture is my favorite! She looks like she's ready to take on the world ;)








We're so excited sweet Harper is in her class.








Day 2


Day 4


And...day 5. 


I forgot a picture from day 3, but I'm pretty sure day 5 sums everything up. Friday night, we decided there was no better way to celebrate the first week of school in the books than treating ourselves to Andy's for ice cream.  










One week down, and she's excited to go back on Monday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment