Tuesday, August 6, 2019

10 Years Together in California

We had the best time in California this past week.  Matt and I flew out to San Francisco for 3 days to enjoy some time together.  And it just so happened that this trip fell on our 10 year anniversary.  








We flew in on Tuesday and grabbed sushi, shopped a bit, and were in our bed by 7:00.  We were exhausted from getting up so early for our flight and it was so nice to just curl up for the night, watch TV, and relax.  












Wednesday morning we took a bus to Sonoma.  We spent the day in wine country and it was beyond perfect.  The weather was amazing and I loved walking through the vineyards looking at the grapes and learning about the wine making process.  We were in an area around Glen Ellen and the wine tasting was 👌🏻. After our tour, we had lunch at Viansa. The food was great and the views were amazing.  It reminded me so much of the rolling hills of Tuscany. 

















































That afternoon we came back to our hotel and slept for 2 hours because we had dinner reservations at Foreign Cinema at 9:00.  Yes...you read that correctly...9 pm!!  I felt like I belonged in the city going out this late, with all the cool people😉 because let’s be honest, we’re normally in bed around that time.  Dinner was even more amazing than I remember it being 6.5 years ago.  The venue is magical.  The twinkle lights, the movie playing in the background, and the heaters keeping you warm as you look up at the night sky...I love it!  And it was by far our best meal while in the city. 







Thursday morning, we decided to tour the Muir Woods.  These redwoods were over 1,000 years old and just beautiful!  We had lunch down at Fisherman’s Wharf and Matt and I devoured 3 lbs. of crab legs.  They were delicious! (And a perfect anniversary meal if you ask me.) We opted for Ben and Jerry’s ice cream and then went back to our hotel room to get ready to go see Hamilton.  































I cannot say enough amazing things about August 1, 2019.  Seeing Hamilton that evening was the highlight of the day for me.  I love musicals and have been so eager to see this.  The talent of the raps, songs, and the story line was just impeccable.  The Orpheum Theater itself was beautiful.  We ordered drinks and sipped them through the entire show.  It was the perfect night!!
















This trip was such a blessing and I’m so thankful that the Lord allowed us to go.  I’m thankful for a Mom and Dad who always volunteer to selflessly watch our babies so that we can invest in each other and our relationship. When we jet off on these little vacations from time to time, we feel reenergized and revived.  I feel that we are better parents because we take the time to put our relationship with God and each other before anything else.  I pray that there will be many more trips we get to take together in our future.  





No comments:

Post a Comment