Saturday, August 3, 2019

Brooks Vaughn Is 5

Our sweet boy turned 5 years old on July 23!!  I don’t know how this is possible. I still see him as a sweet two year old with that little ornery grin.  Well, he still has that grin, but weighs about 20 pounds more.  Brooks Vaughn, you are such a joy.  Your laugh is contagious and you’re one of the most inquisitive little people I know.  You always have questions...and even when you know the answer, you still ask the question just to make sure.  You have begun staying in your bed ALL NIGHT LONG.  I’m not going to lie, it’s a little sad not to roll over and see you squeezed between me and Daddy in the middle of the night.  You still love to cuddle and snuggle, though, so I guess that will suffice. I’m proud of the big boy you are becoming. 

You’re starting to take an interest in Legos, love to play with our neighbors (especially Henry and Shep), still have a love for Thomas the Train (thankfully-I feel like this keeps you little), love all things Toy Story, and will play with your sister even if she wants to play baby dolls.  5 years old seems too big, so time can slow down as soon as it wants to.  

Here are some of my favorite things you’ve said over the past few months...

You call baseball, ”Gaseball”.  You seem to get golf and baseball mixed up at times.

You call the attic, the “Akkit”

Anytime you hit your forehead, you say, “ I just hurt my sorehead.” 🤣

The other morning we were at church, and one of songs we were singing just had me in tears. The words were so powerful and I could feel the Spirit moving me. It was a good and happy cry.  You were concerned though. You looked up at me and said, “Mommy, why do you have raindrops on your cheeks?”  - It was one of the sweetest things you've ever said. Melt. My. Heart.

You asked me the other day why you didn’t have a “bruber” (brother).  I told you that God had given you a sister and that she was your sibling. You told me you wanted a bruber and I said, “Well sweetie, Mommy is getting too old to have a baby brother.” You looked at me and said as serious as could be, “Well, I guess I will have to go buy one.”















We celebrated your birthday a day late because you woke up with the stomach bug on the morning of July 23. It made me so sad, but it didn't deter you from opening all your presents ;)  You were feeling so much better 24 hours later, so we went to eat at "your choice,"  McDonald's. 












We love you to the moon my sweet boy! Don’t ever forget WHO’S you are.  Listen to you heart, be kind to others, and always have faith in God and the plans He has for your life.  Happy 5th Birthday Brooks Vaughn!!






No comments:

Post a Comment