Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Heart Lazy Weekends

What a nice and relaxing weekend!!  Matt's mom and dad came in town to stay with us.  I took an office day on Friday and finished the last bit of cleaning and shopping before they got here at 1:00.  It was a weekend full of eating, so the "watching portions and what I eat" starts again tomorrow.  We took them to Alley Oops for lunch and hung around the house all afternoon.  Matt, being the incredible chef that he is, grilled some steaks, zucchini, squash and onions, and also whipped up his twice baked potatoes for dinner.  :)  Best meal I've had in a LONG time.  I enjoy when they come in town because the weekend is full of relaxation.  We were in bed both nights by 10:00, and that's great with me! 

Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market downtown and I loved it. It was my first time to go so I bought a bunch of flowers for the kitchen and living room.  We ate lunch at The Flying Fish.  (delicious) and came home for a 2 hour nap.  Perfect Saturday!!  That night, the four of us met Kyndall at Cantina Laredo for mexican!  (Ms. Andree' LOVED the margaritas :)


She and Larry had to leave early Sunday morning so they didn't get to go with us to church, but the service and Bible class were great as always.  We are hooked on brunch at YaYa's. Great food and $2 Bloody Mary's and Mimosas.  Once again, we made time for a lazy afternoon nap and then I was off to Dillards to find Matt a bathing suit for Mexico. Of course I came home with his bathing suit, some cute wedges, Antonio Milani flip-flops, two polo shirts for Matt and William Rast jeans for me, as well as two adorable nightgowns from VS.  SERIOUSLY!?!?!  I have a problem...but isn't the first step at least identifying that :)  I can only say that I am my mother's daughter. Love you Mom!!

Matt and I just got back from a long walk. We try to take a couple of those a week together. Just some time for us.  Now for dinner and bed.  It's going to be a busy week with Matt sodding some of our yard and me working.  We are looking forward to Brent and Gina coming in to stay with us next weekend.  I wasn't very good with pictures this weekend, but there will be lots to come after next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment