Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Emma Grace

Yes, this is the new little addition to our BIG family. Emma Grace Garner was born at 7:49 on June 1, 2010.  She weighed 6 lbs. 11 ounces and was 20 inches long.  She has the long Garner fingers (best used when playing the piano) and is absolutely beautiful.  Her hair has a little more red in it, not as dark as Brynlee's was. And Big Sister Brynlee is doing great too. 

I drove up to Rogers on Monday afternoon, Matt couldn't come because of clinicals.  I stayed with Landon and Brandi who left for the hospital at 5:00 a.m.  I got to be with Miss Brynlee all day and get her up and around and ready to meet her baby sister.  A couple of things that I made note of during this experience since Matt and I don't have kids yet.

  • You better be completely ready when a one-year old is up and going in full force. (I didn't get a chance to shower, hair was in a ponytail and I was lucky to have brushed my teeth and thrown on some make-up before we left the house)
  • My attitude completely changes in the car when I have precious cargo with me. I was the one on the road doing 10 under and getting pissed if anyone came to close to my car while Brynlee was in it.
  • Pulling a small child's hair into a ponytail is QUITE a chore.  I did it twice - looked awful the first time and fell down the second time.  Aunt Kia just pulled it back in a bow and that worked.
  • You really need 3 extra arms when leaving the house with a child. I had Brynlee in one, my purse, her little back-pack full of books, games, etc., bag of snacks and a diaper bag.  WOW! 
These are all little things that I am learning before kids come into the picture for Matt and I.  Spending time with Brynlee yesterday was perfect.  She truly is the sweetest little thing in the world and I cherish every little memory I get to make with her.  Holding Emma just makes me excited to see her grow.  I am blessed to be the aunt of 3 nieces and 2 nephews now!!  Here are some pics from my quick trip to Rogers. Many more to come after this weekend since we'll be back in Rogers for Matt to meet Emma.


This munchkin loves my wallet/purse.

Say "cheese" (Her shirt said BIG SISTER and so did her
bow)


Proud Daddy of another sweet girl


I think this picture is so sweet!

While I was holding her, I just couldn't stop
staring at her.


No comments:

Post a Comment