Saturday, June 26, 2010

Third Time's the Charm?!

Well, I have come to the conclusion that Matt and I were not meant to spend ANY time at the beach this year.  We are very fortunate to be able to travel and enjoy vacations and had planned on spending a week in Destin, leaving tomorrow. Of course with the oil spill, we had to reschedule.  Plan B was to spend the week in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Well, I got in from meetings in Memphis on Friday and looked at the weather, only to realize that tropical storm Alex was headed straight towards that location. So, now we are on to plan C.  I am really hoping that this trip works out because this girl can't take too much more of these last minute changes. 

So, drum roll please...we have completely decided to forget the beach and Matt and I will fly out to Chicago on Monday morning.  Broadway shows, Cubs game, Navy Pier, the zoo, and of course the SHOPPING!  I was pretty excited about the beach, but this just gives me an excuse to book a LAVISH beach vacation next summer, right?!  I am really looking forward to just spending time away with Matt and making more wonderful memories together.  We have also just booked a trip to NYC for Christmas.  We'll stay 4 days. Christmas is my favorite time of year and I keep telling myself I HAVE to see that tree in Rockefellar Center all lit up! We'll get to hang out with Stefanie and Brian while we're there too!!

But as far as this little get-away is concerned, wish us luck, we are off to Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment