Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dates, Parties, and Games

WOW, we 've been going non-stop this weekend!  I am absolutely exhausted.  Thankfully, I have meetings in Little Rock tomorrow and Tuesday and will not be traveling too much. Then, I am off work for 5 days!!  I love mini-vacations!!  

Friday night Matt and I treated ourselves to a very nice date night at Sushi Cafe' (one of our favorites). It was amazing as always and we had such a nice time.  We were in bed early because Saturday morning we went down to the bridge for the JDRF Walk (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation).  We had a booth set up for Lilly with lots of good information for all the sweet kids who were there.  It was a great turn out with over 4,000 people and Lilly was one of the main sponsors.  It's for such an awesome cause and I was glad to be a part of it again this year. 

Matt and I behind the booth. (I have to brag on him...I work with my team on this event every year, so he doesn't have to be there.  But he's gone with me every time. He gets up early on his one day to sleep in and spends time with me.  I just LOVE this guy!!)


Luckily we were already wearing our Razorback red!  When the JDRF Walk was over (around 11:30) we went straight to our neighbors house to watch the HOGS take the DAWGS.  We ordered pizzas and enjoyed lots of food with everybody.  Thanks to Heather and Alex for hosting!!



Alex and Heather

Ryan and Heather

We always have such a great time with our neighbors! Before I knew it, it was 6:00. We ran home, got cleaned up, then Matt and I headed over to Kristen and John David's engagement party.  Keith and Alana did a great job hosting.

The happy couple...we're excited for December 4!!

My HOT date!


Me and Kristen (I adore this girl, she used to work with me at Eli Lilly but quit and opened up her own dance studio.  She's doing awesome!)

John David and some of his boys

A couple of the girls

Carole, Leslie and I out by the pool

We had a great time celebrating with everyone and didn't stay out too late.  This morning we slept in a little later than normal and went to late service at church.  We are normally 8:15ers but I have to admit it was kind of nice to sleep that extra hour.  Matt and I had some lunch at Cheeburger Cheeburger (it's been a while since we've been there) and we just woke up from a nap.  I love Sunday afternoons in the fall...windows open, football on the big screen, and sleep.  Perfect end to a perfect weekend. 

We are already looking forward to next weekend.  We are headed to Rogers to see two of my favorite little people!!  Matt and I are going over to visit Nana and Papaw in Tulsa as well.  We are looking forward to a weekend of family and fun...AND to watching those HOGS beat BAMA!



No comments:

Post a Comment