Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One Day Getaway

Today was such a great day!  We decided about a week ago that we would take off and make a day of it at the Memphis Zoo.  Matt has never been to Memphis, so I wish we could have stayed overnight and enjoyed some good food and Beale Street, but maybe next time.  Below are a few pictures from our little "one day getaway."  It was so nice because there was absolutely NO ONE there so we were able to get pretty close to a lot of the animals. 

This big guy right here was the reason I wanted to come to the zoo.  Pandas are my absolute favorite and there are only 4 zoos in the U.S. that have them.

He even managed to flash me his pearly whites!

After eating a bit much as you can see, he was zonked out and adorable.

Seriously, this is how the little fella slept.



Matt wasn't crazy about posing, he turned around and I snapped one :)

Getting ready for the sea lion show

This little lady wanted to share her lunch.

Matt and I couldn't get over how HUGE this hippo was...his belly was inches from the ground.

This beautiful cat wouldn't quit staring at me and waving his tail.  I was thinking he must really like me...or maybe was just picturing me as his afternoon snack. 

I didn't take too many pictures, just a couple to remember the day.  Matt and I had such a great time just being together.  We are now home with a fresh pizza from Dam Good Pies and curling up to watch Law and Order: SVU.  Tomorrow should be another great day.  We'll be sleeping in and then Matt's playing golf with the guys tomorrow afternoon and I'll be having lunch with the girls and shopping.  We are going to soak up these next couple of days without worrying about school or work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment