Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Ahh the joys of doing absolutely nothing on a three day weekend!!  Since Matt spent the weekend studying, I got to have a little time to myself (which was spent mostly shopping :)  My parents drove through town on Friday night and we took them to our favorite "hole in the wall" place to eat, Alley Oops.  Delicious!!  They were headed to Chattanooga and left early Saturday morning, but it was good to see them for a bit. 

Saturday, I spent the morning at Hobby Lobby.  Yes, their Christmas decorations are already out!!  I stayed away from that area and just picked up a couple of frames.  Kyndall and I spent the afternoon boutique shopping.  Kristin Todd, Scarlet, Thread, The Toggery, all the good stuff.  It was such a gorgeous day outside so we really enjoyed it.  Saturday night, Matt needed a break.  We decided to head up to The Fountain, our favorite pub in Hillcrest.  After watching the first half of the AR game with friends, Matt decided he wanted to see the TCU/Oregon game more.  We went to Cantina Laredo and sat in the bar area and enjoyed margaritas and guacamole.  We had so much fun!  I love nights when it is just the two of us, entertaining each other, goofing around, thinking that nothing else in the world matters but he and I.  This was one of those nights.  We headed home and curled up in bed to finish the night watching the LSU game.  We couldn't miss that!!  As most of you know, we are truly a house divided :)

Sunday, church was great and we enjoyed a beautiful day on the patio eating brunch at YaYa's.  Then of course, it was back to studying for Matt and I was off to do some more shopping.  These are a couple of the things I found this wknd. 

Love this boot with my AG skinnies!


This fabulous cardigan

I haven't bought this yet, but I love this Juicy sweater.  It looks so comfortable!



I tried these on Sunday and officially fell in love with these J Brand cargos. 

I am still in search for something red for the game this weekend.  I was able to find Matt some shirts and also a red polo for tailgating.  We are getting very excited!!  Tailgating and game days are so fun at War Memorial!! 

Hope everyone has enjoyed their Labor Day weekend!!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment