Monday, March 14, 2011

Everyone Needs A Little R&R

Such a busy week, followed up by a very relaxing weekend!  I was in Philadelphia this past week at a Women's District Sales Managers Meeting.  It was a fantastic conference that focuses on continual growth with my company.  It's really a whole other blog in itself, so more info later...but it was GREAT! 

I was so excited to be home on Friday (even if it was 9:30 p.m. before I got home).  Eight flights in two weeks is a lot for this girl so I am looking forward to hanging around here for a while :)  Of course as soon as I got home Friday I crashed.  I woke up Saturday morning feeling refreshed...that's what 11 hours of sleep will do for you!!  We spent the morning working around the house, I cleaned while Matt worked in the yard.  It was a gorgeous day!  The windows were open, spring candles lit, a clean house, a freshly mowed lawn, a PERFECT way to start our Saturday.  Spring is in the air and we decided it was too pretty of a day to waste so we headed to Dugan's Pub downtown to have an afternoon cocktail on the patio with friends.  I can't wait for more 75 degree weather!! 

We curled up Saturday night for a movie (Due Date - pretty funny) and tried to go to bed early to make up for the time change.  Sunday morning we enjoyed services at church (I can't believe we made it to early church...YEAH US!!) and then grabbed brunch at Copeland's.  I spent the afternoon finishing "Water for Elephants."  It was SO good and I recommend it for a great read.  I always read the books before watching the movie, so can't wait for the film to come out in April.  Sunday evening Matt and I went to see the movie "Just Go With It" (Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, and Brooklyn Decker).  I thought it was super cute and half of it is filmed in Hawaii so it got us both pumped up for our big trip in June.  Needless to say, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Well on to another busy week, but it's going to be a good one...because I'm going to make it a good one :)  We're headed to Monroe next weekend for some R&R with Matt's family and I am looking VERY forward to it.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment