Sunday, March 27, 2011

I LOVE SURPRISES!!

We have had such a fun weekend around here!  I have been off work since Thursday and have enjoyed a couple of days at home with Matt.  Thursday morning we slept until 9:00 and after breakfast spent the morning working in our yard.  We have pulled up a couple of bushes that died this winter and are going to be planting some more along with some spring flowers.  However it is 48 degrees here today, so we'll probably wait a couple more weeks.  Thursday afternoon I had a swedish massage, which was SO VERY NICE!  That evening we drove to Conway to have dinner with Jake and Lindsay Swift.  We are going to miss them so much when they move back to Indy in a couple of weeks, but feel so blessed that God allowed our paths to cross. 


Friday morning, we slept in until 9...again.  Matt left for a massage later that morning and I headed out to do a little shopping.  It was a successful day!  I found some J Brand bell bottom jeans (yes, these are totally back in style) and a dress.



And yes, Matt got some goodies too!  I met Julianna for lunch at Pizza Cafe' and then headed home to finish my little project of getting some of our favorite wedding pictures framed and mounted. Just took me a year and a half! :) 


Friday night we met some friends up at the Fountain for a drink after Kyndall was off work.  Friday was her 26th birthday and I couldn't ask for a better sister!!!  I can't imagine what I would do without her.  She is truly my best friend and I love that we both live in Little Rock and I get to see her whenever I want to.  (I am spoiled)

Lola and Barb (WOW, I need some powder for that shine)

Sarah and Julianna with us

Saturday it was so gloomy here so we spent the day napping, watching March Madness, (well I read magazines) and doing absolutely nothing.  Saturday night, Kyndall thought that Matt and I were taking her out for a quiet dinner. (She had to work Saturday morning at 6:30, so she was pretty bummed about not really getting to do a lot for her birthday.)  Little did she know we had a big group of friends in the downstairs room at Cafe' Prego that helped us surprise her with a birthday dinner!!

Love this guy

Me and the Birthday girl, ready to go to dinner.

Matt and Bee (I am totally trying to kill time taking pictures so that everyone can get to Prego :)

SURPRISE!!!

The Gang

Kyndall, David and Jules

Corie and Chance

Heather and Sabrina

Sarah and Joe

"I think we surprised her!"

BIRTHDAY SHOTS!!

After a terrific dinner at Cafe' Prego, we moved the celebration down to Ferneau. One of my favorite things about our group of friends is how much we LOVE LOVE LOVE to celebrate birthdays!!  GOOD TIMES!!!

Sabrina and Heat

David, Matt and Kyndall

Girl Pic at Ferneau

Jules and David

There is much to be said for good friends and WE HAVE THEM!!  It was a great night followed up by a great Sunday.  We went to church this morning and then met David, Jason, and Jules for brunch at Vieux Carre.  It's been so cold here today, Matt and I have been curled up on the couch napping.  What happened to that 70 degree weather?! 

It's going to be a busy week but we're looking forward to another FABULOUS weekend of Landon, Brandi and the girls coming to visit.  I can't wait to see them!  Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment