Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday Weekend!!!!

Some say that birthdays aren't that big of a deal the older we get and although I think there is some truth to that, I sure had a family and MANY friends that made my 31st birthday one to remember.  I like to think that it's ok to take a couple of days to celebrate my birthday :) and it all started on Friday afternoon when I met Kyndall and Jules for lunch at The Pantry.  Well, little did I know that my dad was driving through Little Rock on business and surprised me by joining us.  We sat on the patio and had a delicious lunch and just enjoyed the gorgeous sunshine and the company. 

I decided that I wanted to go to Rogers for my birthday, so Matt and I loaded up and headed to NWA.  We went straight over to the Honea's for dinner.  My parents and Nick and Nora joined us and I FINALLY got to meet/hold their sweet bundle of joy, Hudson!!  He's perfect and going to be GORGEOUS!


Saturday...Mom, Matt, and I got up and went to get donuts, then headed to Landon and Brandi's house.  Brandi was going to a wedding in OK with her parents so we watched the girls all morning.  I can honestly say that I cannot think of anything more perfect than getting up on a Saturday morning and spending time with those two sweet faces!  I love them so much!!  Here are a couple of pictures from our day!

Brynlee cooked us a little bkfst in her kitchen :)

She and I were having too much fun shooting plastic eggs (don't ask)

This is Emma's face when you say SMILE!

We played in the princess tent too (I love Brynlee's smile in this picture!)

That afternoon, Matt and Landon watched the girls while Mom and I went shopping at Mason's.  I found this adorable Yumi Kim dress, but they were out of a lot of things in my size, so...maybe next time?!


We picked up my Nook Color that I have been wanting, grabbed dinner, then headed back to Landon and Brandi's.  I loved spending the afternoon with my mom.  It was all about our time together and I LOVE those kind of days.  We had so much fun!!  Here are a couple of pictures of everyone that evening...

Landon helping Brynlee practice her swing :)

So sweet...



Paw-paw with Emma





Mimi and Emma Grace

Sunday morning, Matt surprised me with this beautiful James Avery ring before church.  I love it and I am so lucky to have such an amazing man in my life!! 


After church, we all went to the farm and Mom and Dad made a FANTASTIC birthday dinner.  It was delicious as always.  We had my favorite chocolate chip cake too!  The weekend could not have been MORE perfect! 

Monday started out with a bang!  This week is going to be so busy, but we did however find time to squeeze in a little post-birthday dinner with Kyndall and Charla at Sushi Cafe' last night!



A great start to the week!!

We are going to be super busy the rest of this week but I'm looking forward to celebrating my birthday with some of my closest friends Saturday night.  We have dinner reservations and it's going to be a blast!!  Hope you all have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment