Monday, April 11, 2011

Volunteering, Birthdays and a Visit from Kayla

This weekend was one of those weekends that you just don't want to end!!  As I am typing, I am thinking about how I still have so much sleep to catch up on.  I woke up tired this morning, but wouldn't change it for the world.  Friday was low key for us.  I talked Matt into accompanying me to the mall (like any man he detests that) to buy him some more summer clothes. :)  My bribe was pizza at ZaZa's afterwards.  He was in!!  Saturday morning we got up early to participate in the Tour de Cure here in Little Rock.  It is for patients with diabetes.  We worked with the American Diabetes Association and represented Eli Lilly. 

Part of my team, Marcus and Rhonda

I have the best husband who always supports me at my work events :)

Saturday afternoon, Matt and I went to eat dinner and enjoy the patio at BRAVO!  We love that restaurant and it's so close to our house.  Kayla Beth arrived in town around 7:00ish and I was so excited to see her.  Kayla is one of my cousins who's living in Dallas and has just landed her dream job working with Proctor & Gamble in Manhattan.  She will be moving in a couple of weeks and will be working with two of the biggest stores in NYC...Saks and Bloomingdales!!  I am SOO proud of this girl and cannot wait to plan our first girls weekend to visit.  She spent the rest of the weekend with us and I cannot begin to describe how much fun we had!  We spent Saturday night out, celebrating Rachel's birthday (Joe's girlfriend) at Diversions.

Me and the BiRtHdAy girl!!

Just like old times...

Ginger and Jeremy

Joe and Matt



My old neighbor Tim came out to celebrate

Kayla with the boys




Sunday morning we took Kayla to YaYa's for brunch and then (after a short nap) met Kyndall and Ginger on the patio at Cantina Laredo for the afternoon.  It was such a gorgeous day, we had to soak up some sun!!






After being at Cantina for most of the afternoon, we decided to swing by the Fountain and say hello to some friends and then ended the night meeting Jeremy and Matt at U.S. Pizza for some dinner.  It was the best day and I cannot tell you how sore my stomach muscles are from laughing so hard!!


Take #1

Take #2

Take #3

And finally we're all looking at the camera...now if only Matt didn't have his finger over the flash :)

Weekends like these are the best!!  We reminisced about old times and made so many more memories.  I can't say it enough...Kayla, I am so proud of you and know that God has many great things in store for you in New York City.  You are getting to do what so many girls dream of doing and you're going to ROCK at it!! LOVED OUR WEEKEND TOGETHER!!

Hope you guys had a great weekend too.  This girl is heading to bed...maybe after 10 hours of sleep I'll feel refreshed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment