Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

I love the weekends, they are just NEVER long enough!!  We had a busy week (for some reason they keep getting busier) so I think Matt and I were both looking forward to being at home and getting a little R&R. 
We started Friday night with dinner on the patio at Bravo and then I talked my oh so very kind husband into going to see the movie "Water for Elephants".  (SUCH A GOOD SPORT)  If you haven't read the book, it's great, and I would recommend reading it before the movie because as most people know, the books are ALWAYS better than the movies.

I love Reese Witherspoon in anything!

Saturday morning, I slept until almost 10:00.  (I have got to quit staying up late reading my Nook Color, it's causing me to lose sleep)  When I got up Matt and I started working on the yard. The storm that past through a week ago uprooted one of our trees in the backyard, and because of all the rain we haven't had a chance to get out there and fully clean it up.  Paul Bunyan a.k.a. Matt used the chain saw to cut it up (I was rather impressed...this tree is close to 40 feet tall).  We were very lucky that it didn't fall on our work shed, deck, or fence, just right into the middle of our yard.  Thankfully it's all cleaned up now.  On a brighter note, our rose bushes are absolutely gorgeous this time of year.


That afternoon Matt had to study so I spent the afternoon shopping with my favorite sister!  We had a full afternoon of fun and found lots of goodies!  That night we had reservations at Bonefish to celebrate my birthday with some of our close friends since we were out of town last weekend.  It was a perfect night!

Love a good bottle of wine




Cheers!!

Love my David :)



The whole gang



Singing Happy Birthday

Best girlfriends in the world...a gift card to one of my favorite boutiques!!





The love of my life

Afterwards, a couple of us went across the street to Bar Louie for a cocktail. 



I say it often, but I am so thankful for wonderful friends! 

This morning we had a fantastic sermon at church and Bible class. Easter is such a special day to all of us who believe that Jesus was crucified for our sins and then rose again.  What an amazing gift he has given each and every one of us!  I am so thankful for God's blessings and the greatest blessing of all, his Son.

I have to post this sweet picture my mom sent me of her and Dad with the girls this morning. I love it!

HAPPY EASTER!!

I am flying to Dallas tomorrow morning for work so I have got to get packed.  I hope everyone had a great weekend and got to enjoy a beautiful Easter Sunday with those you love!!




No comments:

Post a Comment