Monday, February 13, 2012

Concerts and Friends

Happy Monday!!  Well, I guess we really are going to get a little bit of winter weather today!  While I was out this morning working in Bryant, the snow started falling and the roads started to get a little icy.  Needless to say, this girl is now home.  I am just not one to risk being out in the field and away from home when the weather COULD get bad.  That's the one thing about my job, it's not like I can drive to an office and stay put...my job IS driving.  Looks like I will be getting some work done from home this afternoon :)


Matt and I had a great weekend!!  Friday night, we stayed in and I cooked chicken spectacular (a yummy casserole).  Saturday morning was full of sleeping in, breakfast in bed, and being lazy.  (Probably one of the laziest Saturday's we've ever had.)  Saturday night, we went to Sushi Cafe' for dinner with Sarah and Clint and then went to see Rascal Flatts in concert!!


I have seen them before and sometimes they can be a little off key and don't sound too great.  But, Saturday night they were awesome!!  Sara Evans opened for them and was terrific as well.  We had a great time with Sarah and Clint and enjoyed good food, good music, and good company!


Sunday, after church we went to eat brunch at the Chenal Country Club with Heather and Sam.  It was so good to catch up with Heat, we've both been so busy!  We've got a crazy week ahead and then we're going to Monroe this weekend to see Matt's family.


One random and final thought...I am so sad about Whitney Houston!!  I LOVED her music and really thought she was trying hard to pull it back together.  I just hate to see someone so young and talented taken from this world too soon!!!  The Grammy's had an awesome tribute to her if you watched last night.  My absolute favorite moment of the Grammy's was when LL Cool J (the host) opened the night with a prayer.  He asked everyone to bow their heads as they go to God in prayer and remember Whitney.  I was SO impressed with that!!!  I knew I always loved me some Lady Loves Cool James!!!




Have a great week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment