Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Love Story

Just a little tribute to my amazing man!!  Happy Valentine's Day!!!!



1. How long have you and your significant other been together? 
3 years and 8 months




2.  How did you meet?
We met at a wedding on May 17th, 2008.  He was a groomsmen and I was a guest...I know, it's kind of like a fairytale :)  The picture above was taken that night.  I was wearing his jacket because it was so chilly.




3.  How long have you been married?
2 years and 6 months




4. Where did you get married?  Big or small?
We married at Southside Church of Christ in Rogers where I grew up and our reception was at the Embassy Suites ballroom.  I'd say it was glamorous and big!!  Dinner, big cakes, ice sculptures, music, open bar, etc.  It was perfect!!! (Thanks to the best Mom and Dad EVER)




5.  Do you have any nicknames you call each other?
Our nicknames include sweetie, babe, and my favorite.




6.  Name three things you love most about your sweetheart.
1) He loves me unconditionally, every day.
2) He calms me down when I get worked up.
3) He always brings a smile to my face, especially at night when I'm saying my silent prayer, thanking God for him!!!




7.  Tell us how he proposed...
It was January 30, 2009 (yes, we had only known each other 8 months) and I had an outpatient surgery that day.  He was by my side all day and we were supposed to go to dinner, but I said I just felt like ordering in and getting ice cream.  I had on jeans, a Columbia fleece, hair in a pony tail and looked like crap.  He talked me into going with him to pick up the food and ice cream.  Little did I know the best sister in the world was at my house "setting the scene."  I walked in the door to tea light candles lighting the way to the kitchen in a pitch black room and rose petals all over the floor.  In the background 'The Way You Look Tonight' was playing quietly and there were a dozen roses on the table with a card.  I slowly walked in and opened the card, when I turned around he was on his knee with a beautiful 1.5 carat diamond!! 




8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy, or strawberries, champagne and rose petals?
Definitely a flower guy, no teddy bears for this girl!!  He does a great job staying away from the regular red roses and always shows up with a gorgeous, bright bouquet, which I love!!  I'm not exactly nuts about champagne, so maybe just a good bottle of red wine. 




9.  Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop in a movie and relax on the couch?
I think I'm a little of both!  We love our time on the beach and try to spend some quality time with our toes in the sand at least once a year. However, nothing makes me happier than being at home and spending a quiet night curled up with this guy!



10.  What one thing would you like to do with your significant other one day.  If you could do anything?  Go anywhere?
I feel that Matt and I have been so blessed to vacation as much as we do.  (Cabo San Lucas, FL, NYC, Vegas, Hawaii, Chicago, CA, etc.) We've really taken advantage of our time together in just 2 and a half years ;)  If I had to pick a place though, it would be Costa Rica, Ireland, or my favorite place in the world...Italy.  I'd take him down to the coast...Positano, Sorrento, Ischia, and the Isle of Capri.




11.  What are your plans for Valentine's Day?
Matt has to work today and Thursday, we have Bible study tomorrow and are out of town this weekend.  So, reality says we'll do something next week to celebrate!!  :)



12.  Are you asking for anything?
Yes, and it's big!!!



13.  One piece of advice to keep a relationship strong and full of love.
You have to have a foundation to keep you strong.  Our foundation is the Lord. We build our relationship through him and openly communicate and put each other's needs before our own.  We love each other unconditionally.  



14.  This is what love means to me...


This is one of my favorite pictures of us EVER!!  It captures us in the moment, loving life, and loving every minute we spend together. 



1 comment:

  1. I loved your post and I'm anxious to find out what your "big" gift is!!

    ReplyDelete