Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I guess we are finally getting back in the swing of things, after spending the majority of the last month on vacation!  Don't get me wrong, it was FANTASTIC, but I must admit that I'm glad to be home and excited to stay put until Reese makes her arrival.  This past week was a busy one, and here it is in a nutshell....
  1. We had our OB appt on Monday and everything looked great.  Blood work revealed that I don't have gestational diabetes and I'm not anemic. 
  2. I had a freckle removed for skin cancer on Monday and got the results back on Thursday, thankfully it is non-cancerous and not malignant. 
  3. Matt started his job in the Operating Room this week and he is LOVING it!!  He's right in his element and he's going to be great.
  4. Reese has been kicking up a storm, doing somersaults, and Lord knows what else.  I love the movement.  Matt and I settle in at night and just watch my tummy move. 
  5. I received some exciting news on Friday about my job - not going to elaborate right now, but I have some decisions to make soon.
  6. As my stomach grows larger, I feel the need to spend more money on mani/pedis, spray tans, eyebrow waxing, facials, etc.   Something about all this just makes a girl feel pretty :)


Our weekend was very relaxing!  I will say that I missed being on the lake with the rest of the fam, but we've just had so much to do around here since we've been gone.
Friday night we decided to have a date night at Bonefish and enjoyed a nice, quiet dinner.  Saturday, Matt had an 8:15 tee time with the boys and enjoyed a morning of golf.  So, you know what this girl did...some SHOP, SHOP, SHOPPING!! 

When Matt got back from playing golf, we went to register at Pickles and Ice Cream.  It's an adorable boutique here in Little Rock.  Afterwards, we ordered in pizza and made a night of painting the nursery and putting the crib together.  It's slowly beginning to all come together and I love it. 

Sunday, we slept in and went to late service.  It was nice for a change!  We had a lazy afternoon and since neither one of us had to work Monday, we decided to go to a movie.  Our choice (or should I say my choice) was very fitting.  We saw "What to Expect When You're Expecting."  It was cute and you can obviously tell we're making every excuse to be out and about before Reese arrives. 

Most of you probably relaxed on Monday, but we had a list of things to accomplish.  We officially registered at Target and Babies R Us.  I am feeling much better having all that done now.  Poor Matt...it's pretty safe to say he was BEAT by the end of the day, but he was such a good sport!!!

Our week is off to a fast start and I am SO GLAD that it's only a 4 day week!!  We've got big plans this weekend in Rogers.  One of my favorite munchkins turns 2 and Brandi is having a baby shower.  It's going to be so much fun and I can't wait!!!


I'll leave you with some BIG FAMILY NEWS!!!!  Matt's sister, Emily, and her husband Jack are expecting BABY #4 in January!!!  We are VERY EXCITED for them!!!


The three kiddos reaction!!  :))




1 comment:

  1. Mom and I are coming over this weekend for all of the Garner festivities. Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete