Monday, May 21, 2012

My First Mother's Day

What an exciting holiday that I now get to celebrate!!!  My first Mother's Day (being almost 6 months pregnant) was wonderful!!  Actually, our entire weekend was!  It's funny to think about the discussions Matt and I have about how our life is going to completely change when Baby Reese makes her appearance.  We laugh about how we don't really go out anyways, but the trips to all the nice restaurants, the movies, all the vacations...we know they won't end forever, but they'll definitely come to a halt for a little while.  Thankfully, to us, it's all exciting!!! 

A quick recap of our weekend....  I imagine our future Friday nights with a baby will look a lot like the one we had a week ago.  Matt worked on some house projects (our master bath toilet was leaking) and I spent the evening catching up on laundry, finishing up with work, watering the plants, etc.  By the time Matt was finished, it was 7:30 so we opted for a quick dinner at Alley Oops. 

Saturday was a blast!!!   We slept in (it was pouring down rain and when the rain hits our skylights in the bathroom, this girl CAN'T get out of bed) and upon rolling out of bed we enjoyed breakfast at Panera.  Afterwards, I met Kyndall for some shopping.  We found some goodies at Sephora, BBW, Anthropologie, and of course, my new go-to...Destination Motherhood/Pea in the Pod. 

SIDENOTE:  If I ever quit my job I will most likely invest my time in designing a CUTE line of maternity clothes because there are NONE out there!!  I have been looking for colored denim jeans forever and no one carries them!!  I've decided that my wardrobe will just have to suffer for the next -3-5 months.

After shopping, Matt and I headed to see Avengers at the IMax and then grabbed dinner.  It was a perfect day!!

Sunday morning before church, Matt surprised me with a gift card to my favorite spa, Indulgences!!  Happy Mother's Day to me!!!  :))  He said he wanted me to spend the day enjoying a facial, prenatal massage, mani/ped, the works!!  I am SO blessed to have him as my husband and the future father of our children!! 

Bad lighting, but oh how I love this handsome man!!! 


We enjoyed brunch at Copeland's Sunday after church and spent the afternoon napping and painting some more of Reese's nursery.  It's coming along and I'm falling more in love with it every day!!


We just got back from San Francisco and Half Moon Bay in CA, can't wait to show you all our pictures!!  We had a BLAST!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment