Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day

We had a very nice Father's Day, our last one in Little Rock.  *tear*  AHH,  I have been battling so many mixed emotions about this move.  Forgive me, if I seem extremely sappy! 
 
If you ask Matt, I'm pretty sure he had a great Father's Day weekend!!  We started it off right with dinner at our local favorite Alley Oops on Friday night.  (Just one of the MANY restaurants we will miss.)  Saturday, he played golf with the guys and then spent some time with Reese while I met my sister for drinks at Local Lime.  Saturday night, we had a great time as a family of three on the patio.  Matt fried some catfish with okra and it was delicious (not low fat, but DELICIOUS!)
 
Sunday morning, we went to church and then had a great brunch at Bonefish.  Matt spent the afternoon relaxing on the couch and watching the U.S. Open.  (Side note: The man is horrible at giving gift ideas for holidays.  He told me he just wanted a relaxing weekend with his girls.  SWEET, but frustrating because I wanted to get him something nice.  I suppose we'll go to Cabela's when we get to NWA - can't go wrong there!) 
 
Overall, it was a wonderful weekend.  Matt is such a blessing to me and more importantly to our sweet baby girl!!  I truly feel that she is the luckiest girl in the world to be able to call him "Daddy."  Watching him take on this role, never hesitating to jump in and do anything, makes me love him even more than the day I married him. 
 
 
 
 
 

Boy, he loves his little girl!
 
 
 
 
I also have to give a shout out to my amazing Dad!  He has so many wonderful qualities.  He is first and foremost a Christian leader who has always put God and his family first above everything.  He's a hard worker who is a successful business owner.  He's where he is today because of how he treats people; always kind, generous, and loving.  I am so proud to be the daughter of Reece Garner.  A man who is loved, respected, and admired by not only his family, but the town of Rogers.  Thanks for all you've ever done for me, Dad!!  I love you!!!
 
 
I hope all the wonderful Dads out there had a FANTASTIC Father's Day!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment