Thursday, January 28, 2016

18 Months Old

My sweet Brooks Vaughn turned 18 months on January 23...how in the world did this happen??  I know people say that time flies the older we get, but really...I blinked and he's a year and a half. :(  I've said it before in all of my posts, but this little guy is the biggest blessing to my Mama heart.  His snuggles, big bear hugs, cries for Ma-Ma, and hysterical laughing when being tickled warm my heart more than words can express.  He is SO big!  But really...the kid officially weighs more than his 3 year old sister (he is 29.4 lbs. and Reese is 28.8 lbs.)  He is rock solid and wearing 18-24 month clothing and lots of 2T's.  He is 32 inches tall and looks bigger to me every day. 
 
To my little guy...I still love that you curl up in my lap every night in your room to read books, say prayers, and rock. 
 
I love that I am the only one who can rock you to sleep. (You prefer to fall asleep with Daddy in our big bed watching some t.v. :)) 
 
 I (secretly) love that you still end up in our bed half way through the night, because when you roll over next to me just to touch my arm and to make sure I'm there, it melts my heart. 
 
I love that you have the best bed head EVER! 
 
 I also love that you can truly eat more than I can at EVERY meal. 
 
I love how you fold your sweet hands and bow your head every time we pray. 
 
I love how your precious big sister loves you. She's grown up so much to me just recently. She brings you your milk, juice, pacifier, shares her snack, helps you with puzzles, etc. I can see that when you look at her with those big blue eyes, you're in awe.  You love to copy what she does.
 
I love that after dinner in the evenings, when Daddy and I are cleaning the kitchen, you and Reese run around in your diaper and panties playing, chasing each other, singing, and just being rambunctious, lovable, children. 
 
I love to dress you...who ever said that dressing girls was more fun, was wrong :)
 
I love that you are becoming your own little person.  You love to throw balls, watch Bubble Guppies, you are obsessed with Peppa Pig, and you want nothing more than to be outside. You eat everything (so proud that you eat fruits and veggies ALL the time). The only thing we have found that you don't like is broccoli and pineapples.
 
I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for your life.  Every day I pray his richest blessings on you and your precious sister.  It brings me to tears to think of how God has blessed your Daddy and me with you and Reese.  We pray that you will both always know Him.  May you two have a relationship with our loving God, and have faith that He will always take care of you.  We love you!!
 
 
 
 
 Happy Half Birthday!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment