Sunday, May 7, 2017

The BEST Weekend

Last Saturday, Matt and I got up early and drove to Little Rock. My Mom and Dad were so sweet to keep the kids, so that we could go and spend some time with Blake and Bee. The Finnell's kept Evie, so it was an adults only day/night.  We met them at Local Lime for lunch, then Kyndall and I got to spend the day shopping...just like old times.  The boys went and bought outdoor t.v.'s and then went back to the house to chill.  Kyndall and I had the best time shopping at the Promenade - you see, this is what she and I use to do almost every Saturday before we were married, had kids, and before we moved to NWA.  Some of my fondest memories are of she and I meeting at Red Door for brunch, enjoying a Bloody Mary on the patio, and then going shopping for the rest of the day. It was just what we did.










We laughed the entire day, caught up on the latest and greatest "news," and then went back to their house in Maumelle to relax and get ready for dinner. Kyndall surprised us with a big cookie to celebrate our weekend together...of course it was almost gone within 24 hours.




That night, we went to dinner at Ocean's in West LR.  It was delicious!  Alex is the sushi chef who we LOVE and he always spoils us!  After dinner, we went down to the Heights to the Fringe Decade Party.  Our sweet friend Ellis invited us, and it was so good to see some old faces.  Around 9:00, we decided to go down to SO, to have a drink with desserts.  I forget how much I miss these restaurants in Hillcrest.  It was so nice to catch up with Jules and Jason.  We were home by 11:00, when the storms moved in.  It was the perfect sleeping weather!!




























I am so thankful for time with my sis and brother-in-law.  They are two of my favorite people in the world, and I cherish the memories we get to make.  It was a wonderful 24 hours, that was good for my soul. I can't wait to see them again next weekend, with their precious little nugget. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment