Thursday, September 21, 2017

My 5 Year Old Baby Girl

Oh sweet Reese!!  I can't believe I'm typing out the number 5. Where have the years gone? You are growing into such a beautiful little girl, full of personality and a love for life.  Every day you amaze me with your inquisitiveness, your longing to learn, and your growing knowledge.  You're a smart little cookie! Below are things I always want to remember about you at this age. (And I threw in some pictures of you around 6 months, just because....)  Cue the tears!










You still want me or Daddy to lay with you until you go to sleep at night.  It's "our time" to say our prayers, discuss the day, and snuggle. You always ask to hold my hand before you fall asleep. I cherish these moments. 

You have decided that you don't want to do dance or gymnastics this year, instead you are wanting to try soccer.  I love that you want to get out there and are always willing to try new things. We've been talking about how as a kid, you can always try new activities until you find what you LOVE.

You always tell me that you love Brooks more than "something" - lately it's been more than puppy pals, more than your piggy bank, or more than space?

You are a little negotiator.  I tell your Daddy that you would make a fabulous lawyer, the way you always try to barter your way into doing something. The independence is strong with you, my child!

You love going to Ms. Jamie's Bible class on Sunday and before you go to worship II, I love to hear you sing out the songs during our church service.  It melts my heart.

You still let me dress you in the MJC collection, Persnickety, Mustard Pie, and your all time favorite...Mini Boden. I know the day is coming when my choice of clothing will no longer be "cool"

You are in the Bridge class at preschool this year and are going 3 days a week.  You're doing so good and learning so much already with just a month of school behind you. I love that you enjoy learning and you always look forward to going.

Your "best friend" is still your cousin Jack.  The bond that you two share is a gift.  Every time you see each other, the hugs are priceless. You play hard and you cry hard when it's time for us to all go our separate ways.







Aven Reese, I am so proud to be your mother.  My daily Bible readings remind me of the grace that God extends to us, His children.  It's an excellent reminder that I too, should extend the same grace, especially to MY children.  I'm not going to lie...there are very long days.  Days where work is stressful, I come home to whining and fighting, and I just want it to be bedtime.  Then I look out the window and see you and Brooks playing on your imaginary boat (aka swing set/fort) as I clean the kitchen, and I'm reminded how great it is to be a kid.  The innocence, the laughter, and not a care in the world.  And you know what the best part is?  I have a front row seat to watch you two grow!!


I love you with all my heart!  Don't ever doubt how amazing and wonderful you are.  You have many gifts, sis.... You have a loving personality, a kind heart, a strong love for Jesus, and you have it in you to stand up for yourself.  Don't be afraid to be YOU!!!  God knit you together in my womb for a very special purpose. I cannot wait to see all the wonderful plans He has for you.





Happy 5th Birthday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment