Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Christmas Time is Here

Our days have been so busy.  Sometimes I ask myself if Christmas time is supposed to be so hectic....  Is all the hustle and bustle worth the headache?  I think it is, but this year has just been a little different for our family.  Right now, my Nana is slowly fading from this world.  While we all know God will call her home soon, it makes things a little more sad this time of year.  I was diagnosed with pericarditis about two weeks ago (inflammation of the tissue surrounding your heart) after fighting pneumonia for almost a month.  While it's easily treatable with medication and rest, it's made it a little more difficult for me this year.  I'm much more tired.  I haven't worked out since October 26, and THAT is weighing on me, as it is one of my outlets to feeling good.  I'm taking a very high dose of steroids to decrease the inflammation and will continue to have echocardiograms and EKG's done to monitor the (hopeful) improvement.  So needless to say, while this will always be my favorite time of year, my holiday spirit is a little bit lacking.


Despite some different challenges, we are still doing our best to make the most of every moment.  These past few weeks we've squeezed in a lot of fun. 


Our sweet life group adopted 2 children and provided meals for 54 kids in our area who would need food over the break.  We went shopping as a group at Target, and let me tell you...what a hilarious, crazy, amazing time. 





Local Lime for the holidays...yes please!!  Or anytime of year for that matter. 





And of course, all the festive holiday wear that I buy my children.  #mydaysarenumbered














I had a girls night out with some of favorite ladies in the world.  It was a little RHS reunion. 


Reese had her Christmas "Polar Express" party at church and afterwards we headed over to the activity center for boxing night at church.  We wrapped presents for children who might not have a Christmas, and boxed up food for those in need. I love watching all the children take part in this amazing night for others. 











Reese took her wrapping very seriously. 








This picture might be one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken.  Reese was lying on the floor reading me her Bible while I was getting ready for church.  Be still my heart!!



No comments:

Post a Comment