Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Curt and Sara's Engagement Party

Matt and I were on the road again this weekend, heading back to Monroe.  We got to his parent's house Friday night and grilled burgers with Larry and Andree' and  Emily, Jack and the kids.  It was a nice, relaxing evening of laying around.  I enjoy Friday nights in Monroe because we never get there until early evening.  It gives Matt and me time to eat dinner with his family, play with the kids, and then we're usually in bed by 9:30 reading a book or watching a movie.  I love it!!

Saturday morning Emily and Olivia Kate picked me up and we went to Sara's bridal shower at 10:00.  There was a great turnout and she received some beautiful gifts.  Afterwards, while Matt played golf with the guys, I went over to Emily's to play with the kids. She and I ended up getting out to shop for a while and found some great stuff at Herringstones.  It was a wonderful afternoon and I am so blessed to have such a great sister-in-law that I can have so much fun with. 

That night we went to Curt and Sara's big engagment party/couples shower at Coda (a bar/restaurant in downtown Monroe).  Everyone had such a great time and it was a lot of fun getting to meet Sara's family.  We are so happy for she and Curt and Matt and I are really looking forward to their wedding in October.  Here are some pictures from the party...



Brent and Gina with me and Matt, they're two of our favorites!!

Jack and Emily (Matt's sister)


Jack, Em, Me and Matt (their coming to visit in 3 weeks...we can't wait!!)

The guests of honor...Sara and Curt. We are so happy for them!!

Matt's family

Brent, his dad Wayne and Matt

Johnna, Sarah, Me and Gina

The whole gang

Me and Emily

Johnna, Shelley and Kelly (Monroe is made up of a ton of boys and these three are the wives of Ryan, Stewart and Lance - great girls!)

Emily, Andree' and Me

We love Sara!!  She and Curt are great together.  Loren flew all the way in from Denver to be there (she's the future sis-in-law of Sara's :)

Sara's family, the Gassaways.


It was a great Saturday night!!!  Sunday was spent with Matt's family and we didn't get back until almost 7:00 that night, but it was well worth the drive a second weekend in a row.  

This week will be busy.  Work is going good and this will be the busiest semester for Matt. We are going to have to get use to not seeing each other as much :(  But, I just tell myself that it's only temporary.  He's doing so well and I couldn't be more proud of him.  We will be in LR this weekend, but still have a lot going on...dinner with friends, Farmer's Market, and a private party at Ferneau on Saturday night.  So, the fun will continue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment