Thursday, July 8, 2010

David's Birthday and the 4th of July!!!!

When we got back from Chicago on Thursday, we literally ran home, dropped our bags, and changed for David's b-day celebration at the Fountain. Afterwards, we were off to the Eagles concert. The Eagles are hands down one of my favorite bands.  Yes, they are before my time, but they amaze me with their musical talent.  It's amazing to me that they are 60+ and still playing and singing just like they did almost 40 years ago.  No other band ever opens for them, and they played for 3 and a half hours Thursday night! Below are some pictures at the Fountain (we weren't allowed to bring in cameras for the concert, but it was AMAZING!!)

Shelly, Me, Sarah and Corie


The birthday boy, DAVID!!  Love the flashing tiara!

David and Me (with Rock in the background :)

Kyndall and David

Matt, Kyndall and Shelly

Not a good picture of me, but I love this pic of Matt!

Friday we packed up and left for Monroe.  Matt's parents had a BIG Fourth of July party on Saturday.  There were around 25 family members there and we all had a great time.  I took a lot of pictures of the kids and tried to get pictures of some of Matt's family that we don't get to see on a regular basis. 

L.E., Olivia Kate, Sam Wyatt, Jack Henry, Isla, and Carter

Sweet Olivia Kate hugging on Sam Wyatt

This is what the kids played in all afternoon.  The grandparents BOUGHT
it for them.  And don't think for a second that Matt and I weren't in there later that night with the kids after everyone left.  It was a blast!!!

Sam Wyatt loves that water!

Jack Henry was my buddy that night...he loved the big slide.


What's the 4th of July without watermelon?!

Even the little guys were devouring it.

Olivia Kate

Jack Henry

Aunt Ceil and Uncle Jim (87 and 91 years old)

Uncle Clint and Aunt Saundra

This is one of my favorites.  I love this little guy so much!!

The dock at Matt's parents house where we went fishing
after all the festivities

Waiting on Poppi to come down with the fishing poles

This is my other favorite picture...Sam Wyatt is not even 2
years old yet and he was casting that pole on his tippy toes.

It doesn't get any cuter than this!!
Jack Henry and I were sitting on the dock, drinking grape sodas
and talking about the alligators in the bayou. He had the
best purple mustache.

Overall, we had such a great weekend filled with family, fun and lots of food. It's back to work this week but at least it's just a four day week.  Matt and I go back to Monroe this next weekend for Curt and Sara's engagament party that we are hosting. It should be a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment