Wednesday, August 11, 2010

All Work and No Play

I have been spending the recent days wondering if things are going to slow down anytime soon.  I am working in Minneapolis right now and am looking so forward to being home.  I LOVE my job, yes, that is correct...I LOVE IT, but I know that the rest of this year is going to be C-R-A-Z-Y.  My traveling is starting to pick up, we are preparing for the launch of a new drug, partnerships are continually in the works, and Matt is in the middle of the hardest semester he will have.  I don't want to wish my life away, but I CAN say that I am very much looking forward to December 2010. 

It is so funny how life just happens right in front of our eyes.  I know things are always going to be busy, and truthfully, they will never slow down to the pace I would like them to be (although I'm such a go-getter that I would probably be bored if they did)  So, it's the times like these that I don't want to complain, but just ride the roller coaster and hope that the next round is more like the ferris wheel.  Speaking of ferris wheel, it reminds me of our mini-vaca to Chicago...such a good time!!  I am taking off a week in Sept. and we haven't decided yet where we want to go.  I can tell you that if this hectic schedule keeps up, I'll be spending those five days laying around the house doing absolutely nothing!! 

Next weekend we are headed to visit friends in Shreveport, LA and we're really looking forward to it. This weekend, once again, I want to do absolutely nothing.  This will be our third weekend in a row at the house and it's been fantastic.  I like to soak up the simple things...sleeping late with Matt, going for a run (before it's 100 degrees), making honey butter biscuits together, going to the Farmer's Market, taking a nap and watching movies, a quiet dinner just the two of us.  These things make me so happy!  Maybe we will have time to fit in some Play into our All Work schedule after all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment