Sunday, August 22, 2010

Shreveport or BUST...

WOW...what a week!!  I have been fighting a sinus infection from Hades for the past 7 days.  I finally started to feel a little better Thursday night (after 4 boxes of Kleenex, Tylenol Sinus, and Mucinex.)  Matt has had his fourth week of clinicals and thankfully will have the next two weeks off.  Well, let me rephrase that...not OFF, but back to classroom time from 8-5, so he'll get a break from those early 5 a.m. mornings.  Our short-term goal now is just 4 more weeks and then he gets fall break and will be halfway through this semester!! We are both looking forward to Sept. 20!! 

Despite the stressful week of balancing work, school and not feeling good, we had a GREAT time this weekend in Shreveport visiting Katie and Clay Harrison.  They've just built a beautiful new home and we were the first guests to get to come and play.  We drove in Friday night and crashed.  They had ordered pizza from Papa Murphy's that was the best pizza I think I have ever had!  We stayed in and watched movies while eating pizza, raw cookie dough (which is my favorite), and drinking Gianni wine (another NEW favorite.)

Saturday we slept in (shocker!) and then Katie and I headed down to the Boardwalk to shop for a bit.  It was too hot so the shopping didn't last very long.  We met the boys for lunch and then all went back to the house. The boys played the Wii, while the girls napped.



Clay and Katie

Someone is SOO Funny!!

Playin some football on the Wii.

Was that a touchdown?!

Saturday night Katie and Clay took us to a hole in the wall joint.  We walked into this bar (not one of the finer establishments I have been to) and tucked away in the back is a restaurant called The Cub.  WOW!!
There were about 10 tables in the restaurant and you can only eat there with reservations.  It was some of the best food I have had in a VERY long time!!  Steaks, shrimp scampi, au gratin potatoes, wedge salads, wine, etc.  We enjoyed it so much that we decided to call it a night and just head back to the house.  I was so content curled up back in the big chair in my pj's watching movies after such a great meal. 

Matt and I at The Cub.  Clay had his hand over the flash :)

SMILE!

Katie and I enjoying this honky-tonk bar

We got back to the house around 3:00 today and are getting ready to get back in the swing of things.  We had such a great time with two wonderful friends that God has blessed our lives with.  Before we left this morning, Katie and I started planning a trip for the four of us to go to Disney World next summer!! I have been twice and it truly is the happiest place on earth.  I am so excited to take Matt and to make many more memories with great friends. 

Now, I need to post this blog and go run.  I haven't been "true" to my work-out schedule since I was sick last week and out of town the week before. Time to get back in gear!! Oh, but one more thing...I have to post the picture below because it's taken with my new camera and so very sweet of our little Jovie.  I love it!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment